Phantom 3 Controller Not Coming On

Reaction score
Hey

My Phantom 3 Controller does not come on.

The battery is full charged I think but the lights do not come on.

Interestingly, the controller comes on if I keep the charger plugged in. And I am even able to start my Phantom 3 and fly...at least for a very brief period.

It seems like a battery problem but what do I do ?

I had the same problem. It ended up being the battery in the controller went tits up.

johnp44, how did you end up resolving that issue?

Thanks, looks like a controller battery failure, could you change the battery yourself...or how can one do it...

Hello, is there some way to change the P3 controller/remote battery since it looks like I have a battery problem...the controller does not come on though except unless directly connected to the power supply

Hello, is there some way to change the P3 controller/remote battery since it looks like I have a battery problem...the controller does not come on though except unless directly connected to the power supply
You have to take the controller apart to get it out. Be sure you watch a how to video on you tube before you take it apart if you are going to change it yourself

My controller has been acting up. I try to turn it on like I have always done and its like it does not connect right. Sometimes it takes 15 to 20 attempts to get it to turn on. Fully charged. very disappointed in the quality of DJI stuff anymore. Just not reliable.

You have to take the controller apart to get it out. Be sure you watch a how to video on you tube before you take it apart if you are going to change it yourself
Hi, is there a video that you can link me to ? I searched but could not find instructions on how to open the controller / change the battery for the P3

Hi Elkbowhunter, has your problem been fixed, what are you doing about it...would help to know...!
Something is still not 100%. I did update all firmware to latest December 2015 and it seems to help things. I also noticed one of my batteries says BAD CELL now, so tossed it. It only had 30 charges on it. And I take care of my batteries.

no, i didnt change battery. The battery seems to be function well. Stills holds good charge on indicator panel. Might have to do that I guess if it continues. thanks!

I found a video on replacing the phantom 3 controller battery
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Now, if someone can tell me where I can get the controller battery...!

Reactions: TC Malker
Measure the lipo, go online to Hobby King, find a battery that will match the dimensions and specs of the battery and order it. I guarantee they will have one that will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic