Phantom 3 constant Beeping No Lights

This was a video I took today to show how it seems to want to update firmware from the card but as you will see no flashing lights under the wings and the red/green light on the gimbal will go to straight solid red after about 2 mins. If I let it go longer the beeps change sequence and get longer and don't sound like it should.

Phantom 3 Pro malfunction NO LIGHTS and LONG BEEPS - YouTube

Sounds like 2 seperate issues.
The long louder beeps sound like ESC errors - they slowly get out of sync.
The camera gimbal is trying to complete the firmware update (you can hear it), but it gets stuck as the MC board has (i believe ESC)

Reactions: punahou90
Sounds like 2 seperate issues.
The long louder beeps sound like ESC errors - they slowly get out of sync.
The camera gimbal is trying to complete the firmware update (you can hear it), but it gets stuck as the MC board has (i believe ESC)

Thanks. I'm sending in to Drone Nerds since I can't get a hold of DJI ever. Always full of calls and automatically hangs up on you. LAME!

I know how frustrating it is calling DJI. I called them several times and during different hours of the day. Wait on hold for 20 minutes then get a recording all agents are busy, then it disconnects.
Emailing them is no better. I sent 3 emails to them and got zero replies. They did email a survey asking how I felt about their tech support.
I love my P3, but hate DJI's tech support. Please keep us posted the outcome of P3 pro trouble.

Thanks for heads up. It's public now. Not sure how that happened. May be cause I was uploading from iPhone.
Try this.. remove the SD card... reformat it in the computer-- put the 1.4.0 bin file back on the card. Put the card back in the Phantom power it on and try to update the firmware again.
Can' t hurt at this point.. Be sure and leave the controller off.

Try this.. remove the SD card... reformat it in the computer-- put the 1.4.0 bin file back on the card. Put the card back in the Phantom power it on and try to update the firmware again.
Can' t hurt at this point.. Be sure and leave the controller off.

Tried that numerous times. Same result as a Mako79 states in his analysis. Sending in to Drone Nerds since DJI customer service/repair department SUCKS DONKEY OLOS!

I've got the same problem the drone 'phantom 3 pro' shows no camera stream with a dji logo in the middle,the motors dont start and the lights dont turn on.in the app i also see N/A and cant calibrate anything.

I've tried different firmwares,but the downloading takes to long more then a couple hours.

Sorry for bad englisch i'am from holland

Attachments

• IMG_20161210_160436.jpg
    IMG_20161210_160436.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 304
Got the same problem was told it was a bad fc
Yup, true. Even though "bad" is quite vague.

Lights on arms are controlled by FC - no lights usually mean FC doesn't boot.
ESCs beep when they are unable to talk to FC - either connection is broken or FC doesn't boot.

Simplest repair:
Replace the whole ESC Center Board, with FC and IMU

Advanced repair:
Check if solder points around FC are not broken. (if broken - resolder)
Check if voltage regulators on ESC board are all generating correct voltage (if not - you can find proper chips and re-solder them; though I usually buy a whole new regulator from China and solder it to the regulator output on board - costs less than a dollar)
Check if FC gets power (if not - fix connection to regulator)
Check if FC responds on its USB output (if not - FC really doesn't boot and daughterboard should be replaced)
If FC responds to USB out and prints log packets, further actions depend on what the logs say.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20