Phantom 3 Checklists

Nice idea. I have a few suggestions:

- Spell check it.
- See what it looks like when not all in uppercase. It might be easier to read.

Reactions: MikeK
Nice idea. I have a few suggestions:

- Spell check it.
- See what it looks like when not all in uppercase. It might be easier to read.
Whats spelled wrong? I tried lowercase but preferred upper as its easy to read on the fly

Whats spelled wrong? I tried lowercase but preferred upper as its easy to read on the fly
APP FUCNTIONING
NORMALL
WEATHER (edit: depends on intended meaning)
CORECTLY

I stopped there.

Also, are you suggesting to calibrate compass every flight (not recommended) or to check the sensor readings?
What's the text for that in the other checklists that have been posted?

Last edited:
No worries. I'm just trying to help you make it better :)

No worries. I'm just trying to help you make it better :)
appreciated. This was just the first one so changes can be made. Just seeing if there is an interest if not ill use for myself as pilot that also flies manned aircraft checklists can save your butt and having one on your controller assures you will likely use it

Reactions: pajarito
Compass calibrated every flight only risks you introducing a bad calibration imo. I have had over 50 flights and only calibrated twice

Reactions: MikeK
Compass calibrated every flight only risks you introducing a bad calibration imo. I have had over 50 flights and only calibrated twice
where have you got that data? if done properly calibrating every flight should cause zero issues

APP FUCNTIONING
NORMALL
WEATHER
CORECTLY

I stopped there.

Also, are you suggesting to calibrate compass every flight or to check the sensor readings?
What's the text for that in the other checklists that have been posted?
In this case, weather could be used in place of whether...
Depending on his actual intent of meaning. ;-)

I have a factory preflight check list above my gauge cluster on the Can Am SpYder RS-S that is quite handy to read, before take off..

RedHotPoker

I have a factory preflight check list above my gauge cluster on the Can Am SpYder RS-S that is quite handy to read, before take off..

RedHotPoker
it was intended as weather i.e possible rain, wind conditions, etc

Good point. You're right. Thanks sir.

I kind of figured that right off. And actually purposefully ignored the minor errors. Many folks here have a first and second language, while some frequent fliers have numerous languages to communicate with...
But English grammar, spelling and punctuation can get you more respect, from the intelligent masses. Most folks who can afford these RC hobbies are fairly well educated. You don't see many homeless people packing drones around the soup kitchens and homeless shelters of major cities. ;-)
& for those still learning English, please read more to improve your vocabulary. Ha

RedHotPoker

I kind of figured that right off. And actually purposefully ignored the minor errors. Many folks here have a first and second language, while some frequent fliers have numerous languages to communicate with...
But English grammar, spelling and punctuation can get you more respect, from the intelligent masses. Most folks who can afford these RC hobbies are fairly well educated. You don't see many homeless people packing drones around the soup kitchens and homeless shelters of major cities. ;-)
& for those still learning English, please read more to improve your vocabulary. Ha

RedHotPoker
Again, good point. I also normally just overlook those types of errors and would have in this case as well if not for the OP specifically asking, "What's spelled wrong?"

The truth is that I am notorious for making errors. I often leave out entire words and have to go back to edit my posts. I know that I do it and watch for it as I type, but I still do it much too often. It really annoys me when I do it, but people generally don't mention it to me since they normally get what I mean anyway. I try to extend the same courtesy.

It really annoys me when I do it, but people generally don't mention it to me since they normally get what I mean anyway. I try to extend the same courtesy.
Agreed. But, when it comes to making a product that you're going to give/sell to someone, putting in that extra effort really counts :)

Reactions: rowdyjim and Oso
Most folks in here are pretty intelligent, and often gifted in other areas besides linguistics. Hahaha

I enjoy reading, and have found numerous mistakes even in professionally printed manuals. We are all striving for perfection, in an imperfect world. Just do your best, and get a friendly scolding, when you color outside the lines. ;-)

RedHotPoker

In the first sentence/paragraph, He requested you PM him for info and a copy...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Branden

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik