Phantom 3 Case

I just took my old P2 case and merged 2 slots so that I had room for the new controller. Everything else is all setup from before.

rdzIfci.jpg

If you are looking for a great smaller backpack that doesn't make you look like you are going to war, you can try the nice DSLR camera backpacks. Some of them have foam inserts that you can move around to fit everything in nice and snug. I went through a HPRC hard case and the Fearless backpack with foam cut outs before I bought the one I have now. Both were really nice, but they were just so BIG. I saw someone here start a thread about this backpack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fancier-Kin...036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c231e17dc

I ordered one for about $80 total, and I really do not know how I ever got by without it. It is small and very well built, and offers plenty of protection. Great for short hikes, regular use, and is the perfect size for a carry on. I can fit all the same gear in this backpack as I could in that gargantuan Fearless backpack, with almost half the size. This is just one example, I am sure there are many others, bigger and smaller, that would do the job. It is just another option to consider instead of the traditional foam cutouts, and is much cheaper in most instances, but doesn't sacrifice as much on the protection as one might think.

Attachments

• 20150522181809.jpg
    20150522181809.jpg
    984.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 20150522181851.jpg
    20150522181851.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 331
  • 20150522182210.jpg
    20150522182210.jpg
    859.1 KB · Views: 310
Well, I had to do a rethink on my case setup to accommodate the detachable prop guards, good thing about pick-n-pluck is you keep some of the old foam and you can put it back with a little glue stick or spray adhesive. Here is what I ended up with and there is still some room for small stuff. There is another pocket under the props for a tablet charger and or SD cards and cable. So far I think I have everything I might need, even tools for props and tablet mount.

case5.jpg

Reactions: Turbazz
Well, I had to do a rethink on my case setup to accommodate the detachable prop guards, good thing about pick-n-pluck is you keep some of the old foam and you can put it back with a little glue stick or spray adhesive. Here is what I ended up with and there is still some room for small stuff. There is another pocket under the props for a tablet charger and or SD cards and cable. So far I think I have everything I might need, even tools for props and tablet mount.

case5.jpg
Looking good F6Rider

I looked at the cardboard box that the Phantom 3 came in and noted that it already had the preformed cutouts to hold everything. I looked at travel luggage that is sold everywhere on the streets of New York and found a perfect fit for the Phantom box with room for extras including removable prop guards. It has wheels and a telescopic handle. Street price was $65. Yes, I do have to remove the props but that's nothing and in return the travel case is way smaller.

That's a good compromise but do you think that cheap recycled cardboard they used for the phantom will last? As you can see the guards I use on occasion are snap on/off. But I will be flying with this case and I wanted a sturdy one that can stand up to baggage handlers, if there is such a thing. Ah yes, NY street vendors, remember them well, I used to make the run down from Newburg to 45th & Broadway all the time. (the USO)

I got the same one. I ordered mine with the blue inside and they shipped it black. The great company they are they sent me the back pack with the blue top. Now I have both

I used the pelican 1510 since I wanted carry on size. Used a hot wire cutter and non-pick and pluck foam. Will add 4 battery holes between the legs once batteries ship. Travelled all weekend with it and am very happy with the case.
IMG_1973.jpg

Reactions: chess
If you are looking for a great smaller backpack that doesn't make you look like you are going to war, you can try the nice DSLR camera backpacks. Some of them have foam inserts that you can move around to fit everything in nice and snug. I went through a HPRC hard case and the Fearless backpack with foam cut outs before I bought the one I have now. Both were really nice, but they were just so BIG. I saw someone here start a thread about this backpack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fancier-Kin...036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c231e17dc

I ordered one for about $80 total, and I really do not know how I ever got by without it. It is small and very well built, and offers plenty of protection. Great for short hikes, regular use, and is the perfect size for a carry on. I can fit all the same gear in this backpack as I could in that gargantuan Fearless backpack, with almost half the size. This is just one example, I am sure there are many others, bigger and smaller, that would do the job. It is just another option to consider instead of the traditional foam cutouts, and is much cheaper in most instances, but doesn't sacrifice as much on the protection as one might think.

Hi Justin,

I was thinking of buying this bag. How's it working for you?
Can I get my P3 Advanced in this bag with 3-4 batteries, controller, 10" iPad, props and a few extras?

Not really crazy about the huge hard cases, so I'm looking for an alternative.

Thanks for the input.

Sam

I like how this bag looks as well. Hoping a P3 Advanced will fit nicely with all the extras ATPUFS listed...

I like how this bag looks as well. Hoping a P3 Advanced will fit nicely with all the extras ATPUFS listed...

I went ahead and bought the bag. I'll give it a try. I bought it on eBay at the below link. I offered the guy $40 with the make offer button, he came back at $45 so I purchased it. I thought the shipping was really high and that's why I offered the $40. I'm really tired of looking for something to carry this thing in so hopefully this works out.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I just ordered a Seahorse case and they gave me some good ideas. I think I'm going to try to get the controller bumped in a bit towards the phantom so I can possibly get a few more battery slots if I need them.

After getting and 'plucking' mine I think if you moved the quad all the way to one side then inserted the controller horz instead of vertical you would have more usable space. I was thinking of ordering a spare set of foam inserts just in case, if I do I may give it a go.

After getting and 'plucking' mine I think if you moved the quad all the way to one side then inserted the controller horz instead of vertical you would have more usable space. I was thinking of ordering a spare set of foam inserts just in case, if I do I may give it a go.
I am planning on getting a backpack for more portability as well and using this for the standard case. I'd like to keep the props on so I can just pull it out and go. Is there any way to bump it over to the side and still do this like you are saying or does it have to be centered? You still like the case now that you've used it for awhile?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4