phantom 3 Case/Backpack question & More

Reaction score
Hi. Complete newbie here, so please forgive me.

Can someone recommend a hard carry case and or backpack that allows me to leave the propellers on?

What is a good aftermarket multiple battery and remote charger?

How long does a single charge on the remote last for?

What is a good carbon fiber propeller brand to buy?

Are there any other accessories that are important?

Can someone recommend a hard carry case and or backpack that allows me to leave the propellers on?
Microraptor Pro
HPRC

BTW, it's a good idea to inspect your props for damage prior to each flight. That inspection should include removing the props so you can look inside of the hubs. For that reason, there is little value in storing the Phantom with the props attached.

What is a good aftermarket multiple battery and remote charger?
The blue charger is the best 3rd party battery charger available.

How long does a single charge on the remote last for?
20+ flights.

What is a good carbon fiber propeller brand to buy?
None. Stick with DJI props.

Are there any other accessories that are important?
Check out my must-haves section at PhantomHelp.com.

wow. incredible. thank you so much. lets say I go to multiple locations and fly for no more than lets say 5 minutes. would I have to remove the propellers and then install them again when I move on to the next location?

lets say I go to multiple locations and fly for no more than lets say 5 minutes. would I have to remove the propellers and then install them again when I move on to the next location?
I personally would not remove them and do a full inspection after each 5 minute flight. At the least, make sure none of the props feel loose.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I personally would not remove them and do a full inspection after each 5 minute flight. At the least, make sure none of the props feel loose.

do you know of a case that I can still leave the propellers on? I won't have much time at each location and its easier to get it up and get it down and get out asap. throw the case in a car or taxi and just go.

what's a good lightweight hard backpack that will also fit a dslr camera as well?

do you know of a case that I can still leave the propellers on?
See my suggestions above.

what's a good lightweight hard backpack that will also fit a dslr camera as well?
I've never seen hard backpack made to hold a DSLR. For soft backpacks, check out the Manfrotto BP-D1. A lot of the soft exterior backpacks contain configurable compartments. Most of them do not have enough for a DSLR though.

A lot of people like the Case Club case. It's the same case as the Microraptor Pro case. The only difference is the interior.

According to the Amazon listings, here are the weights:

Microraptor Pro: 16.9 lbs
Case Club: 17.1 lbs
HPRC: 19.99 lbs

I have B&W Type 61 Case and like it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Type-61-Case-DJI-Phantom/dp/B00YAYR1D6/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1471583772&sr=1-2&keywords=B&W+Type+61

There is also a Back Pack System for the case:

https://www.amazon.com/Type-Outdoor...d=1471584407&sr=8-1&keywords=B&W+Type+61+Case

While biking I use Anbee Easy Carry Vest / Shoulder Neck Strap Belt (I attach it with propellers against my back -- it works OK and seems better than in the demo images where the propellers are away from the body):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anbee-Available-Quadcopter-Controller-Propellers/dp/B014XX08YC/ref=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1471584059&sr=1-1&keywords=Anbee+Easy+Carry+Vest+/+Shoulder+Neck+Strap+Belt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav