Phantom 3 battery

I thought the P3 was closer to 18 minutes in the real world. But as said, mileage will vary.

I noticed my phantom 3 battery last around 15 minutes only. Is this normal? honestly i would have expected at least a 25 min charge
A good place to start is the published specs ...
Max Flight Time Approximately 23 minutes
Understand that this is a maximum obtained under controlled conditions and taking the battery lower than is safe in general flight.
Now adjust your expectations.

Does your car get the same mileage as the manufacturer specifies?

If you start flying at the edge of the Grand Canyon and slowly descend toward the bottom of the Canyon, you might get 23 minutes. Otherwise, 15 is about max. Also there is a lot of variation battery to battery. This is known as DJI QC. I have never got anywhere close to 23 minutes. Ever.

Well then... I guess DJI have to improve their battery for the next models... for now, they could start by saying Max Flight Time Approximately 17 minutes. I mean... to avoid false advertising.

Well then... I guess DJI have to improve their battery for the next models... for now, they could start by saying Max Flight Time Approximately 17 minutes. I mean... to avoid false advertising.
Lots of people love to bash DJI but the stated flight times for the P3 are pretty accurate.
I've had 5 flights this weekend and brought it in at 30%. Each one was 18 minutes.
Do the math and you can see that max flight time of approx 23 minutes is about right.

I was getting about the stated times when I was breaking in the battery. Based on being able to get about 12mins out of 50% of a full battery. Then after about the 12th flight i noticed It dropped and getting about 16-18 mins out of an entire battery and also not getting a full 12mins out of the first 50% either. So I could care less what any ones opinion is about dji over rating there times all i know is that the battery started giving less time after the break in perioud then it was giving me when the battery was brand spanking new.

Its also charging funky to. all the flights during the break in when ever I would look at the cell volts and the full capacity I was always getting the right 4480mahs when ever it was fully charged. Then after the 12th cycle it has not took a full 4480Mah yet.its usually 4320-4350ish and will show its 98-99%
and a few went past 4480 and was in the 4500 some thing range for the full capacity and would show 100% BUT even them charges were it took more charge then it should have. I still didn't get any more flight time.

Tho it very well might be my charger thats going wonky instead of the battery being its only usually only putting out 17.2v and should be at least 17.4v

I was flying my P3A... after about 18 minutes... I got a warning on the device... warning... battery overheated...
I land the drone... pull out the battery and feel hot and it swelling a little. I let it cool down ... and the swelling gone ...
Is it safe to use the battery in flight again ....
The field temp in my country +- 31 to 33 degree celcius
Any advice

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic