Phantom 3 Battery with Chinese writing, Fake or real

Reaction score
Just picked up 2 batteries from Best buy... came in what looked like Dji box with all the stickers, but the 3 stickers on the battery itself look different from the one that came with my Advanced. Most of the writing is in chinese and the name of the company that makes it is Not Dji. I saw threads on this and just want to know is this new version of the batteries or it's aftermarket. Has anyone used these? The picture of 2 batteries is from Best buy and the single one that came with my drone from DJI

Attachments

• IMG_8970.JPG
    IMG_8970.JPG
    980 KB · Views: 2,628
  • dji_cppt000161_intelligent_flight_battery_for_1429120081000_1137221.jpg
    dji_cppt000161_intelligent_flight_battery_for_1429120081000_1137221.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,219
Best Buy does not sell knock-off batteries. The newest batteries have Chinese writing on them.

I own both the old and new batteries. The flight time is the same.

Yes.

Just picked up 2 batteries from Best buy... came in what looked like Dji box with all the stickers, but the 3 stickers on the battery itself look different from the one that came with my Advanced. Most of the writing is in chinese and the name of the company that makes it is Not Dji. I saw threads on this and just want to know is this new version of the batteries or it's aftermarket. Has anyone used these? The picture of 2 batteries is from Best buy and the single one that came with my drone from DJI
I just picked up a new Phantom 3 battery from Best Buy, and I also was wondering if I got a knock off. The battery charged fine and I was able to update firmware on battery. I'm assuming they just changed the labeling. It's too bad there is so many knock off's out there that we even have to wonder.

I'm assuming they just changed the labeling.
That's correct. Best Buy definitely does not sell knock-off batteries. It's perfectly safe to buy batteries there.

Just purchased a battery on Amazon, it's supposed to be genuine Dji, packaging and battery look like the real thing however it wouldn't take the firmware update. The 2 center leds now just blink and there is no way to stop them, also Dji go says "invalid battery".
IMG_1474828464.939956.jpg
IMG_1474828486.858233.jpg
IMG_1474828498.528590.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just purchased a battery on Amazon, it's supposed to be genuine Dji, packaging and battery look like the real thing however it wouldn't take the firmware update. The 2 center leds now just blink and there is no way to stop them, also Dji go says "invalid battery". View attachment 65596View attachment 65597View attachment 65598

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I bought one exactly like yours and it came today. Comparing it to my genuine DJI battery this thing really rings alarm bells. The seller is claiming complete ignorance. I have not tested it yet but I am not taking the chance and have asked for a refund.

Mine came yesterday and is being picked up by UPS tomorrow for a refund. It's one thing to buy a battery that you know is a knockoff but passing one off as original is pretty low.

Below are two P3 batteries I purchased directly from DJI. The battery with the Chinese writing is the newest version.

P3-Battery-Comparison.jpg

I got my P3A with 3 extra batteries and the result was 2 batteries from each kind lol and my 1st tought was, I got 2 fake batteries :(
but after reading this thread I 'm a little more calm :D

I have 10 bats, So I can go bush. Would only buy DJI bats, cause I spent a lot on the bird, I am not going to skimp on the power source.

the company i work for just bought me 18 of these chinese batteries. i went to put them on the charger and none of them charge. i get 3 green blinks in the first window and a red light in the on/off button.

has anyone had any issues like this? did they buy me 18 bad batteries?

EVERYTHING these days is Made in China! WE have to get used to the new world order!

These are my two batteries - yep, made in China!

IMG_5840.jpg

i understand that they are all Chinese, they wont charge is my current issue. not a single one

With so many not charging I would begin to suspect the charger! With the charger on but not connected to a battery, what voltage do you get across the charging point? Should be round about 17.5v

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers