Phantom 3 battery will NOT charge!!>:(

Reaction score
What's up guys,
So yesterday I flew around with 100% battery life until I got to around 60%. I took it out to fly today and when I turned on my drone it beeps four times like normal then shut off. I checked my battery and noticed that it lit up 2 bars and then would turn off.
I plugged in my charger and tried to charge it up and now it's doing this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And when I plug it up it does this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Always check the online manual or just download it for easy access. You will find the following chart in there. If the battery is hot battery, let it cool first. If it is not hot, consult the chart below. If it turns out to be a defective battery DJI may help you out with it.

Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 9.34.18 PM✨.png

IAlways check the online manual or just download it for easy access.
The chart you're referencing does not show any blink patterns for LED 1. That's what the OP posted above.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Always check the online manual or just download it for easy access. You will find the following chart in there. If the battery is hot battery, let it cool first. If it is not hot, consult the chart below. If it turns out to be a defective battery DJI may help you out with it.

View attachment 41979
The graph does not show what my battery seems to be doing.

The chart you're referencing does not show any blink patterns for LED 1. That's what the OP posted above.
The last one, over heat - LED4 blinks 3 times per second.
There are no LED1 warning codes.

EDIT: Huh, that is LED1 isn't it. I had it backwards.

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Boss_Advertising
Any chance it was run down too low? Try this with a cool battery... hit the button once, then a second time and hold it for a couple of seconds, just like you were turning it on to fly. Then hook it to the charger while it is turned on. That is supposed to force charge it.

Any chance it was run down too low? Try this with a cool battery... hit the button once, then a second time and hold it for a couple of seconds, just like you were turning it on to fly. Then hook it to the charger while it is turned on. That is supposed to force charge it.

Yes that is what I did. After 15 or so minutes it does what video two shows. Just turning on with 1 led light and then shuts off. And it was run down to about 45%

Time to call DJI - (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)
I emailed them this evening. I'm praying that there won't be a problem for them to send me a new one with me sending my messed up one back to them. Who knows though:(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31