Phantom 3 Battery Life

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Wondering what kind of flight times people are getting from a battery. I am getting around 14 minutes, is it possible I have a faulty battery? It seems to drain fairly quick when watching it on my display.

What percentage of the battery is left when you land?

11%? You're quite the dare devil.

You should be getting closer to 18 minutes of flight time -- even more so when flying the battery down that low.

Once the battery charges, I'm going to do a flight test with her hovering to see how quick the battery drains.

What percentage do you normally return to land? I have 2 new batteries arriving tomorrow, hopefully they are better.

Aggressive flying will quickly deplete a battery
Aggressive flying should be perfectly fine as long as it does not involve running the batteries below 3.4V. And, it sounds like the OP is doing that.

Hi everyone,

Wondering what kind of flight times people are getting from a battery. I am getting around 14 minutes, is it possible I have a faulty battery? It seems to drain fairly quick when watching it on my display.

Flew this morning and got 15+ mins... brought it in with green lite still flashing and bat. set at 20%. Shooting 4K 2550x1440 the whole time. Now if I could just get the P3 to fly forward. ;)

Hello all, I have just ordered a second P3 battery, any tips/truths about how to prolong the battery life? I have read that for the first 5 flights you should charge battery to full and fly it to around 50%, land, recharge to full and fly again to 50% to 'maximize' the battery life, is that recommended? Cheers!

Recommend by most who want to improve the battery life--- foo fooed by others who don't care-- the original recommendation on a couple of you tube videos was 50 % for 10 flights-- I followed that an still have 100 % on all 5 of my batteries after about 40 flights. Don't forget the 8% Smart Battery deep cycle after 20 flights, which was recommended to recalibrate the Smart Battery electronic circuits,

ok well I asked before but I really do not want to go back to an earlier FW, I have a battery I bought a month or so ago my 5th and when I put it in the P3A it says Battery requires upgrade. so is there a way to do it with out going back to the older FW? I am thinking of getting more extra batteries but not if I need to mess with the upgrade. thanks for any help, and yes I do have the link to the older FW but it is not on the sd card I used with the new FW update.

ok well I asked before but I really do not want to go back to an earlier FW, I have a battery I bought a month or so ago my 5th and when I put it in the P3A it says Battery requires upgrade. so is there a way to do it with out going back to the older FW? I am thinking of getting more extra batteries but not if I need to mess with the upgrade. thanks for any help, and yes I do have the link to the older FW but it is not on the sd card I used with the new FW update.
ok I just found this
Download the 1.3.2 firmware, extract the bin to the root of the sd card and leave it there.
This will update battery automatically and will NOT downgrade the bird.
so will do that..

Reactions: bobmyers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31