Phantom 3 battery charging question

Reaction score
So I am charging the battery for the P3A and only the 1st LED is blinking while the red light is not on, in my previous charges the red light and LED's would blink, Why does this happen?

Did you just fly? Battery is to warm it's not charging if so most likely

Reactions: brianb87
Check page 20 of the P3A manual.

Page 18 IDs the LED numbers for proper decoding of the indicators on page 20.

Thanks was just going to post on this, however, im also having a problem charging on an inverter in my truck, anyone else having this problem? My P2 batteries charged fine when plugged in to the inverter.

Let battery temp come down. I suggest having 2-3 batteries on hand if you need them fast.

After you fly, let the battery sit for 20-30 minutes before you charge.
Since I can't get extra batteries, like a lot of others, I have to use my one over and over. Using the inverter in my car, I first crank my A/C up high, then hold the battery in front of one of the vents. Resting left arm on steering wheel helps some. I then rotate all four sides, horizontally, about 2-3 minutes each side. It usually cools it down enough to start charging, about 8-10 minutes. Just a tip if interested.

Got my backup P3P today! Using the remote control (my gimble wheel has a loose connection and stutters moving downward) and the battery. Out flying, and using the inverter to charge both of them in car!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433889698.735902.jpg

Working like a champ!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Got my backup P3P today! Using the remote control (my gimble wheel has a loose connection and stutters moving downward) and the battery. Out flying, and using the inverter to charge both of them in car!!

View attachment 21567

Working like a champ!!

Awesome setup. I have that inverter but it kept turning off during charging. Hmm...

It was a little finicky at first........... I wound up cooling it off in front of a vent too lol!! Then it worked fine, may have gotten a little too hot in the 96 degree (over 100 in car!) weather we're having.

Anyone know what the high limit temp is? I think I have one battery that the temp is off on. The first time I charged it I waited 40 minutes and it was still too hot. A battery I used after it was cool enough to charge. The second time it started charging, came back later and it was flashing hot. Must have charged up to 3 bars before it got hot.

ok guys your not gonna like this but it is very bad to use cheap inverters .these batteries are very sensitive to different amps and fluctuating voltages.be very careful using them on smart batteries.unless you don't mind waiting for a 150 dollar bat forever to come.lol

ok guys your not gonna like this but it is very bad to use cheap inverters .these batteries are very sensitive to different amps and fluctuating voltages.be very careful using them on smart batteries.unless you don't mind waiting for a 150 dollar bat forever to come.lol

I'm certainly no expert but isn't the charger's power supply supposed to even out fluctuating voltages etc?

But there is a caveat, your power supply is only as constant as what you are sourcing it with...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic