Phantom 3 batt question

Reaction score
I have 4 batts for my P3 which all have about 90 flights each. My num 1 and 2 batt's are giving me a few problems that I'm hoping someone can advise me. Firstly I don't take the batt down to the 10% until recently to try recalibrate them. The reason I don't is that my P2 batts started giving me hassles after I used to take them to the 8% they were asking for at that time. These 2 batts seem to charge fine, sit around 98%-100% when charged and all the cells look similar in voltage. When I go into the batt menu I see the "Battery life" value is around 88% where my num 3 and 4 batts are 100%. The big problem is the cells voltages go into the red when these batts shows a voltage around 56-60% on the main screen and on all occasions, because I'm nervous of these batt now, I have been close to me in a low hover but at this point the P3 descends fairly rapidly and lands abruptly. I have cycled them to see if it calibrates them again which initially it did but after a flight or 2 the "Battery life" value returned to the 84-88% and the flights are short again.
Thanks for any help
Jason

If you upload your TXT flight logs here, you'll be able to see the level of each battery cell throughout the flight. If the cells are not balanced and cycling the battery does not balance them (and keep them balanced), then I'd recommend you not use those batteries.

DJI's warranty covers batteries for up to 6 months or 200 cycles (whichever comes first). If they are less than 6 months old, you should be able to get them replaced under warranty.

Thanks msinger. I will try that but I think the batt are just on their way out. Even after cycling the batt and everything is balanced and showing 100% for battery life I am only getting about 11min flying now from them

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1