Phantom 3 as a steady cam. DONE

Reaction score
Who says you can't shoot with the phantom 3 as a steady cam? Well it has now been done. Every shot but the 2 clips of the tires rolling were with the phantom. Those were with a gopro

Reactions: Airborne
I've tried it, and I noticed the same problem you have in your movie - the gimbal simply can't compensate for the up/down motion of walking, and I found it impossible to defeat, it's just the way we humans walk.

I've tried it, and I noticed the same problem you have in your movie - the gimbal simply can't compensate for the up/down motion of walking, and I found it impossible to defeat, it's just the way we humans walk.

The only part you notice that is when I was walking from the front to the side of the truck. I was stepping in to a foot deep ditch lol so I couldn't hide that.

When using gimbals, the correct way to walk is heal to toe, there is a massive difference.
Pls, can u explain better what you mean? yes, I would like to use my phantom walking in some cases.

If you were ever in a marching band, you would be familiar with the heel-to-toe thing. :)

Basically, step down on your heal and allow your foot to sort of roll along the ground as you move forward rather than pushing off using your toes as you would normally do.

-- Roger

If you were ever in a marching band, you would be familiar with the heel-to-toe thing. :)

Basically, step down on your heal and allow your foot to sort of roll along the ground as you move forward rather than pushing off using your toes as you would normally do.

-- Roger
yes i know. this was my first time and had to be done quick was in the way didnt have time to re shoot

Who says you can't shoot with the phantom 3 as a steady cam? Well it has now been done. Every shot but the 2 clips of the tires rolling were with the phantom. Those were with a gopro

Thats actually not steady or smooth at all. Too much wobbling and bouncing around from you walking. Defeats the purpose of a steady cam and gimbal for that matter. You were better off just flying it and getting those sideshots. Sorry. But, looks horrible.

Reactions: sergekouper

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj