Phantom 3 Announcement Imminent ?

I wish they would do something soon, i am all ready to buy a new phantom and know exactly what i want but can not bring my self to do anything until i see the new one and the specs. I will probably still end up getting the P2 with all the gear i want but just can not bring myself to do it with out seeing the new one. Hurry up DJI and release this new phantom 3 so i can make a decision and buy.

I've been closely looking at all the rumours and I'm not sure.
In support of the rumours:
The P2V+ has been out a long while
The competition is about to get stronger with the Yuneec Q500 out and a number of makers about to release more models in the Phantom size range.
The NAB show coming up would be a good time to announce (just like some competitors will be doing)
Simon Newton is reasonable credible.
I've seen two reports suggesting that dealers all know about this.

Against
The upgraded P2 series has only been out for about 3 months.
Many of the rumours are quite unreliable. Some have had images of non-DJI machines or photoshop doodling like the X-six. Many have simply been a wish-list. None have had any definite information at all. No pictures or specs.
There is no new application before the FCC. What is there is a minor variation for the Inspire Tx.
Simon Newton only has the word of someone he trusts to go on - still nothing concrete.
If all dealers know about this - wouldn't at least some real information come out?

I'm desperate to get a better camera and not convinced that the Inspire is the solution for me (too big, too heavy,, too expensive and the camera isn't a big enough improvement.
I'm keen to see what MaxAero comes up with and DJI too, if they have something.
If there is a new Phantom, DJI have managed to keep the lid on it extremely well. Perhaps we'll know in two weeks.

I like the Inspire, but their 4k camera doesn't really do much more than my GoPro Hero 4 Black does. It does 4K too, and I can take it off and put it on my car, bike, whatever.
And whilst my total package on my P2 was only about $500 less than the base price of the Inspire, for the majority it's a huge step up from a Phantom to an Inspire, and DJI would know that, so they wouldn't really expect to leave the Inspire as the new Phantom.
So I well imagine they'll definitely need to upgrade the Phantom to keep up with the competition. I'll sure keep an eye out with great interest.
Besides, I can prove there's a new Phantom coming:
Everytime I bought the iPhone X, Apple immediately released the iPhone X+1
I finally bought an iPhone 4, and they brought out the 5. I brought the 5, and they released the 6, etc etc.
So having just bought a Phantom 2 only 4 months back, it would now be the perfect time for DJI to release a new machine that makes the P2 look sad and miserable, now that I'm stuck with it for years to come before I can afford to change.
It's the way my life generally goes ;)

Reactions: nospeak
I like the Inspire, but their 4k camera doesn't really do much more than my GoPro Hero 4 Black does. It does 4K too, and I can take it off and put it on my car, bike, whatever.
And whilst my total package on my P2 was only about $500 less than the base price of the Inspire, for the majority it's a huge step up from a Phantom to an Inspire, and DJI would know that, so they wouldn't really expect to leave the Inspire as the new Phantom.
So I well imagine they'll definitely need to upgrade the Phantom to keep up with the competition. I'll sure keep an eye out with great interest.
Besides, I can prove there's a new Phantom coming:
Everytime I bought the iPhone X, Apple immediately released the iPhone X+1
I finally bought an iPhone 4, and they brought out the 5. I brought the 5, and they released the 6, etc etc.
So having just bought a Phantom 2 only 4 months back, it would now be the perfect time for DJI to release a new machine that makes the P2 look sad and miserable, now that I'm stuck with it for years to come before I can afford to change.
It's the way my life generally goes ;)

You're a happy camper, aren't you! :):):):D:D:D

When I'm camping I'm a happy camper, but during a work week? Hmmm... maybe not :)
I'm going camping tonight. So maybe my view will change ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie