Phantom 3 and the Hurricane

Reaction score
I live near the inter coastal waterway in Savannah GA, so when the recent hurricane hit
One of my main concerns was water damage from a tidal surge
We survived the hurricane so after it was all over I walked round the house just to be sure!
At first glance all appeared great, couple of shingles missing and my weather station not sending full data down.
I decided to visually inspect the roof with my P3, lots of missing areas on the leeward side of any part of the roof and a data cable hanging out from my weather station.
The flight took 10 min and enabled me to call my insurance company as well as share the photos etc. of our adjoining property.
So to those of you who are in a similar situation fly the drone and survey your and your neighbours property, it's a good thing to do and will not hurt your credibility as a Drone pilot
81daaa4ccd0841e219fedc06bb1d1562.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Good deal- maybe get your story out on a public venue where drone-haters could read it and see that our birds are not all bad?

Super good idea, let the haters know that drones CAN come in handy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

When the insurance assessor arrived he said that the company had a new "drone" division and had sent him off for full certification though as yet he had not received his company drone.
I can see them being invaluable where structures need to be assessed but are dangerous or difficult to reach. Takes 10 min to fly and video a roof no ladders and no chance of falling off or through !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20