Phantom 3 Advanced Work Log

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Today I received my Phantom 3 Advanced.
I'm from Australia but purchased my drone from the US. It was around AUD$500 cheaper so I figured "what the heck, I'll deal with any problems myself as they come".
A problem with a cracked arm straight out of the box aside, I thought I'll start a little work log as I've purchased more than a dozen upgrades and accessories for it.
This curated over a month as I had amble of time at work to Google and research lots of parts with helpful info from forums such as these.
Over time, I'll update this thread as more items arrive in the mail for me.
To start off I've received my aluminum case from Hobby King.

1. Multistar Carry Case for Phantom 3
MultiStar Carry Case Suitable for DJI Phantom 3 (AU Warehouse)

New before cut:
IMG_1667.JPG

Slot for iPad Pro 9.7":
IMG_1671.JPG

End result:
IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

At AU$72, I'm satisfied by the quality of the case.
The hinges are smooth yet had only little bit of play.
The buckles to lock are easy and trouble-free to operate.
The foam is firm and holds the Phantom 3 nicely. This surely beats not having a case or using the original DJI egg carton.
I've never own a Pelican case with foam or anything that expensive but this is the type of foam you'll find in a computer graphics card box. I used to use it all the time in my tackle box to hook lures and squid jigs.
On the inside of the lid, there is a flap of foam and if you lift under it, there's a mesh pouch for your propellers.
The foam flap is actually attached on one side to the lid. This means the top layer foam will not fall out everytime you open the case which is a nice touch so it looks like they've put some thoughts into this.
You can put your iPad/ tablet in this pouch and still be able to close the lid without harm but then you'll need to put the propellers somewhere else.
IMG_1672.JPG

The bottom foam where the Phantom actually sits is glued so it can't be removed.
I tried positioning the iPad around the case but in each instance, there were not much room to put it.
Being cheap, I didn't want to fork out +AU$350 for a Nanuk 945/ 950 case so this will have to suffice.

Tool(s) you'll need: a sharp blade
Time to complete: 5 minutes
Difficulty level: 1/4 Star

Would I recommend this case? Of course. Great value and decent quality.

Next mod for this case might be a copy of the Nanuk case where I'll see if I can leave the props on and have a piece of foam holding it in place.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31