Phantom 3 Advanced won't fly..

No, that would not cause your issue. But those are serious cracks, the worst I've seen on this forum. The motor will likely pull out of the frame if it does get airborne.
Do you think this may have already happened and this is why I can't control anything? I see people fix using JB weld and similar materials anyone recommend this at least temporarily? Assuming I can even get it to fly again...

Have you registered with DJI in the GO app? Sorry, when you said you couldn't control the bird earlier I hadn't allowed for the fact you couldn't even take off, I assumed it was just not holding position....

Are you starting the motors by holding both sticks down and in for a few seconds?
Holding both sticks down and in got a few seconds? I have never heard of having to do this with the P3A.. Not in the manual either.

Holding both sticks down and in got a few seconds? I have never heard of having to do this with the P3A.. Not in the manual either.
Really? Reread page 46 in the manual! Explains how to start the motors. Note- don't use the same procedure to stop after you land. Just hold the left stick down. A second or 2 after the bird lands, the motors will shut down.

I already formatted the SD card when I got home from work so should I redo the update??
No. Try downgrading the remote controller firmware in DJI GO -- like this:

Really? Reread page 46 in the manual! Explains how to start the motors. Note- don't use the same procedure to stop after you land. Just hold the left stick down. A second or 2 after the bird lands, the motors will shut down.
Ok apparently I was not provided the entire manual or all of them, because the one that came with mine is about 10 pages long..

Also, I did fly it one time for like two minutes before it failed with my half-broken iphone 6 which doesnt hold a charge and is stuck on lowest brightness and I didnt have to push them down so this information is new... Also in the Quick Start Manual that comes with the P3 Advanced it says nothing about this.. And would this be causing no control of my camera and a signal lost error?

Also, I did fly it one time for like two minutes before it failed with my half-broken iphone 6 which doesnt hold a charge and is stuck on lowest brightness and I didnt have to push them down so this information is new... Also in the Quick Start Manual that comes with the P3 Advanced it says nothing about this.. And would this be causing no control of my camera and a signal lost error?
PS i only did this flight to test whether my phone Galaxy S7 Edge would work with it (which it doesnt) and it was only two minutes because it was in a very bad reception area surrounded by trees and low sat. signal and this was pre-update. At this time I had not received my shield yet

I believe I posted earlier in the thread that I have tried this multiple times already thanks though!
You said you "tried downgrading and re-upgrading and every possible thing I could find online". It's quite the vague statement.

Did you try only downgrading the remote controller and nothing else?

You said you "tried downgrading and re-upgrading and every possible thing I could find online". It's quite the vague statement.

Did you try only downgrading the remote controller and nothing else?
People have said downgrading the drone itself could brick it.. Assuming thats not whats already happened I want to find any alternatives to this first... But am about to try that if all else fails. I say that vaguely because I literally spent 4-6 straight hours googling solutions other people found that were having the same or similar issues, with the "signal lost" and no control of the gimbal..

I cannot switch to video mode, format my SD card, I cannot do anything with my RC to make the drone do anything because apparently it is receiving no signal... But the tablet is seeing the cameras view and both LEDs are green [emoji58][emoji35]

hell it can locate my drone when I move it away from me, but it just isnt receiving any message from the RC or isnt doing what its being told to by the RC...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl