Phantom 3 advanced thinks it's a professional!

Reaction score
Since recent updates my P3A thinks it's a pro video feed is gone and gimbal is limp. I have tried rolling back to the oldest possible firmware which works temporarily, it then reverts to the same old rubbish again.

Sd card also says 0mb and starting without sd card changes nothing....

Reactions: Paul Wingfield
Did you try installing the latest version of DJI GO and/or reinstalling it?

Reactions: clivek_77
Could be ANOTHER... bad SD card. I would definitely try a different card and depending on what update you have, you can try going back a notch but I redownload the p3a update to a different card first

Reactions: clivek_77
It's cam/ gimbal that decides if it's P3A or P3P. Some of the settings get corrected on Go App after it receives video feed.

You should first downgrade the p3 FW to one level down without RC on using Advance FW and then upgrade to the current. Next, delete DJI go app, reboot mobile device, reinstall DJI go app, reboot device and then switch RC on followed by P3 on. Try this and report.

Got there on the end almost no idea how! ☺ I think having the controller updated 1st (hols c1 x2 record and iso thumb wheel down whilst turning on) connected to app sorted it in the end. I think I must have one of those p3a with P3P hardware! !

Reactions: Reed L
It's cam/ gimbal that decides if it's P3A or P3P. Some of the settings get corrected on Go App after it receives video feed.

You should first downgrade the p3 FW to one level down without RC on using Advance FW and then upgrade to the current. Next, delete DJI go app, reboot mobile device, reinstall DJI go app, reboot device and then switch RC on followed by P3 on. Try this and report.
Must admit I was panicking a bit but I'm sure this method is what saved me! ! Thanks ☺

Reactions: Reed L
Ok I give up!!! Upon restarting the whole system it reverts back to its original nonsense! I can use firmware 1.6 and it does not have a problem finishing but us unstable and cuts out video and cobtrol. Total load of junk!

When I use 1.7 I get this

[00000831][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000830][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000831][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000830][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).

Funny thing is I know this is a problem on restarting do I power cycle numerous times once "successfully" updated and only to find or when I try to fly it's giving me this again!

What did you attempt to do here?

Are you using an erased card on each attempt ? (you must).
Then load the bin file onto the card.
Are you using the advanced firmware (there are 2, pro and advanced)

Yes formatted in windows as it disconnects via gimbal and shows 0mb in app. P3A firmwarw used

It doesn't even make gimbal sounds as it should not dd-dd just d d d flashes green and red. Sometimes even silent

Update, I have connected it to the pc and removed the cable and it started updating properly, although I'm sure I will have a repeat where upon cycling again it will just be limp and strange!

I think I know what's the problem. I changed the video from ntsc to pal. It now does nothing other than flash green and go limp....

Thus update is all over the place! Eventually get it all on somehow and I get suggest format sd card, it won't do it from the app,thoughts?

Sort of working although I don't trust it yet ! Formatted in exfat small file allocation. Also other thing changed is file system either constant or restart. Chose constant as it is on restart. Seems ok. Not flown yet.

Android app is the problem!!! Start bird gimbal cycle ok.

Start rc (no app) ok flies.

Connect app after ok video etc.

Use app rake photo etc, video loss limp gimbal arrgh!!

Put app on with all other start together FAIL.

can only assume crappy app?

Sounds good, but what is the "p3 FW" and how do I down-grade it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31