Phantom 3 Advanced switched to 4k camera video quality issue.

Reaction score
I did film at 4k resolution but and here is the quality I get. Why is that? What am I doing wrong?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Whoa, that is weird - I don't think it's a resolution issue. Never seen anything like that! And my bird is a P3A converted to 4k, which by the way was the best money I ever spent on upgrades. So you did the right thing! Hopefully somebody can help get this figured out.

Whoa, that is weird - I don't think it's a resolution issue. Never seen anything like that! And my bird is a P3A converted to 4k, which by the way was the best money I ever spent on upgrades. So you did the right thing! Hopefully somebody can help get this figured out.
I have super nice videos with my Advanced camera really good quality, but since I purchased 4k camera and switched it over never had any good quality videos.

I have super nice videos with my Advanced camera really good quality, but since I purchased 4k camera and switched it over never had any good quality videos.
It just looks really badly underexposed, to me. And that can make other things look sorry too. Not enough light slows your shutter for one thing and in automatic mode will crank your ISO up too. That's all I can think of right off, I guess you have already checked all that though.

YouTube video is not the best video to compare, but just to make sure your video is obtained from the micro SD memory card right, not from your phone/tablet? Just checking for simple mistake that's all.

YouTube video is not the best video to compare, but just to make sure your video is obtained from the micro SD memory card right, not from your phone/tablet? Just checking for simple mistake that's all.
Yes, I transferred the video from SD card to my computer, and used adobe premiere pro than exported as a 4k to youtube.

Here's another video I took a month ago. To compare this one is much much better, but still doesn't look 4K at all, I do have 4K tv by the way.

And this one I filmed with 2K. So any settings do I have to change to have truly 4K? Please let me know.

Did you upgrade the firmware?
I did film at 4k resolution but and here is the quality I get. Why is that? What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It looks as though it's not focused properly and what is it like in other resolutions. I have see a thread on here that mentioned about focus and having to move the sensor. Not something I would do if it's in warranty as you need to take the camera apart.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are shooting in really terrible light. Try shooting in nice bright daylight. Also, learn how to process the video in a program like iMovie, windows movie or Premier Pro so you can make it look perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan