Phantom 3 advanced return to home ?

Reaction score
Just took my p3a out for a while and got the low battery warning, then the critical warning. It said it was landing in 10 seconds.

I thought when the battery got to a certain point it automatically did a return to home sequence? ?

Am I missing something ?

If the critical low battery warning is reached, your Phantom will auto land at its current location. That's how it's designed to work.

Reactions: Falcon900
If the critical low battery warning is reached, your Phantom will auto land at its current location. That's how it's designed to work.
Yes I understand that but thought it did a return to home when the battery got to a level that it needed to travel back

thought it did a return to home when the battery got to a level that it needed to travel back
That will only occur if you have the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "Smart Return-to-Home" setting enabled in DJI GO.

Definitely pay attention to the 20 meter rule. Example, hit the home button inside a 20 meter circle of the launch point and you will next be asking, why did it land in the tree, lake, or other undesirable location, as it will make no attempt to get any closer. Ask me or the big oak tree how I learned this, lol.

Sent from the Traveler from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

and as a rule as soon as my battery is at 30% I always bring it back to me and fly it till the battery is at 15-20% before powering it off. not worth risking a few extra mins for a chance to lose the drone

Reactions: GWTX

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj