Phantom 3 Advanced range

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced to go with my Phantom 4 Pro. Unfortunately I have to send my Phantom 4 Pro back to dji for an exchange but good news is my Phantom 3 Advanced arrives on monday. What kind of range can expect out of the Phantom 3 advanced? I'm using the p3a as a play around drone while using the P4P for my photography business. I'd rather not put the wear and tear on the p4p when I just want to fly and play around. Soooooo ;) haha back to the question. Range? Is it good? Stability? Is it rock solid? Or is it more like the P3S? I flew a standard and it wasn't so stable. Any help I'm grateful for. ;) you guys are awesome so far! Especially not treating me bad for being a girl haha. I get that on certain facebook groups. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

P3A stock range is alot farther than P3S. Might be able under correct conditions to get up to 3 miles. Amp booster/ant. mod 8 miles.

Depends on Line of Sight.

Stability is out of this world.

I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced to go with my Phantom 4 Pro. Unfortunately I have to send my Phantom 4 Pro back to dji for an exchange but good news is my Phantom 3 Advanced arrives on monday. What kind of range can expect out of the Phantom 3 advanced? I'm using the p3a as a play around drone while using the P4P for my photography business. I'd rather not put the wear and tear on the p4p when I just want to fly and play around. Soooooo ;) haha back to the question. Range? Is it good? Stability? Is it rock solid? Or is it more like the P3S?
The P3 Advanced uses Lightbridge so it's much more stable and goes a lot further than the Standard which uses wifi.
Here's what DJI say about the range:
Max Transmission DistanceUp to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant

If you fly in a good interference-free location with proper antenna orientation you can get similar (or even better).
Fly in an urban area and it will be less.

Reactions: Kaleesi23
The P3 Advanced uses Lightbridge so it's much more stable and goes a lot further than the Standard which uses wifi.
Here's what DJI say about the range:
Max Transmission DistanceUp to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant

If you fly in a good interference-free location with proper antenna orientation you can get similar (or even better).
Fly in an urban area and it will be less.
Thank you! Very helpful

In addition to the camera, the P3P comes with a more powerful battery charger (charge 30 minutes faster) and the max video bitrate is 60 Mbps (vs. 40 Mbps on the P3A). The latter is really only useful/noticeable if you're flying with FPV goggles.

In addition to the camera, the P3P comes with a more powerful battery charger (charge 30 minutes faster) and the max video bitrate is 60 Mbps (vs. 40 Mbps on the P3A). The latter is really only useful/noticeable if you're flying with FPV goggles.
Thank you. Seems like it's going to be an awesome drone for the price. ;)

1482168448805.png

I got just under 3 miles with mine. Only turned back due to the battery was at 50% and didn't want to chance it. You will do well on this [emoji4]

Neon Euc

msinger:
I think you better update on your info about video bitrate. P3A has its max video bitrate updated to 60Mbps earlier this year. Same quality as P3P.

I think what you were trying to say there is the difference in live feed video bitrate which is maximum 10Mbps for P3P and fixed 2Mbps for P3A.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj