Phantom 3 Advanced - Not compatible with my iOS / Apple devices

Reaction score
Here's my issue. I will try to be as descriptive as possible. Please feel free to comment as I am trying to figure out what's wrong with this issue.

I own a Phantom 3 Advance Model.

Upon receiving the Phantom 3, I upgraded both the Aircraft and the controller to the latest firmware of 1.1.8.

I checked the .txt file upon updating both the Aircraft and controller and both said "Success" within the .txt file. Thus, indicating a successful update.

I'm using an iPad Mini 2 Wifi and iPhone 6+ (Both Supported Models). Both iOS devices are running iOS Firmware 8.3. This is the latest firmware available by Apple.

I downloaded the latest Pilot App via the Apple App Store. This is version 1.1.1. which states is compatible with Phantom 3 and iOS Devices.

Here's the process. I connect the iPad Mini or iPhone 6+ via USB cable to the controller. I open the application. I turn on the controller and then the aircraft. Upom turning on the controller I am requested by my device to "Trust" the application. I select "Trust". Shortly thereafter, There is a loop where every 10-12 seconds aI am agTrust" the same prompt comes up again asking me to "Trust or Don't Trust" device. Therefore, a connection is never established and the Pilot App never connects to the aircraft. Thus, I am grounded and unable to fly.

Couple of things I wanted to point out. I've done a fresh restore on both the iPad Mini and iPhone 6 + where I manually restored both devices to a clean start running iOS Firmware 8.3. I've used a total of 3 seperate USB sync cables for my Apple devices. All cables are original in nature and not aftermarket.

I've attempted to re-install the firmware on the aircraft and the controller. Respectively, I get the following message in the .txt file upon updating.

"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft"
and
"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller"

Lastly, I've deleted and re-installed the DJI Pilot App several times and have the same result.

I need help, I've contacted DJI and they have indicated they will notify their R&D team and get back to me.

Is anyone else having this problem??

Here's a video of the issue

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Could your cable between the iOS device and the controller be faulty? The repeated "trust" question seems to indicate that it is physically connecting / disconnecting over and over as if there is faulty physical connection present.

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the feedback. That's what I thought as well. I went to my nearest Apple store and purchased a new cable to be on the safe side and same issue. It appears every 15 seconds there is a loop where it disconnects from the device. I guess it's a software issue. I've sent DJI my logs to see if they find anything worth noting on their side. I've done everything by the book and can't get it to work. Not sure what else to do...

Very frustrating. Getting mine delivered Friday. Hope this is not a common issue.

Yes sir, Indeed. Most other users don't seem to be having this problem. With so many P3's out there I'm surprised I'm the only one having this issue. That or, most users are on Android. Nonetheless, best of luck to you.

I have been using an iPad mini 2 wifi and had no issues what's so ever. I'm not sure if this would make a difference but I always turn on the controller then phantom and then finally open the app.

Thanks for the feedback JayB. I do the exact same thing as you but still doesn't work. I've tried about every single method and nothing.

The fact it keeps asking for you to trust the device makes me think it's a bad USB jack on the controller. Trying pushing down on the connector where it connects to the controller in different angels to see if it makes a connection that doesn't disconnect.

Let us know.

Here's my issue. I will try to be as descriptive as possible. Please feel free to comment as I am trying to figure out what's wrong with this issue.

I own a Phantom 3 Advance Model.

Upon receiving the Phantom 3, I upgraded both the Aircraft and the controller to the latest firmware of 1.1.8.

I checked the .txt file upon updating both the Aircraft and controller and both said "Success" within the .txt file. Thus, indicating a successful update.

I'm using an iPad Mini 2 Wifi and iPhone 6+ (Both Supported Models). Both iOS devices are running iOS Firmware 8.3. This is the latest firmware available by Apple.

I downloaded the latest Pilot App via the Apple App Store. This is version 1.1.1. which states is compatible with Phantom 3 and iOS Devices.

Here's the process. I connect the iPad Mini or iPhone 6+ via USB cable to the controller. I open the application. I turn on the controller and then the aircraft. Upom turning on the controller I am requested by my device to "Trust" the application. I select "Trust". Shortly thereafter, There is a loop where every 10-12 seconds aI am agTrust" the same prompt comes up again asking me to "Trust or Don't Trust" device. Therefore, a connection is never established and the Pilot App never connects to the aircraft. Thus, I am grounded and unable to fly.

Couple of things I wanted to point out. I've done a fresh restore on both the iPad Mini and iPhone 6 + where I manually restored both devices to a clean start running iOS Firmware 8.3. I've used a total of 3 seperate USB sync cables for my Apple devices. All cables are original in nature and not aftermarket.

I've attempted to re-install the firmware on the aircraft and the controller. Respectively, I get the following message in the .txt file upon updating.

"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft"
and
"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller"

Lastly, I've deleted and re-installed the DJI Pilot App several times and have the same result.

I need help, I've contacted DJI and they have indicated they will notify their R&D team and get back to me.

Is anyone else having this problem??
The fact it keeps asking for you to trust the device makes me think it's a bad USB jack on the controller. Trying pushing down on the connector where it connects to the controller in different angels to see if it makes a connection that doesn't disconnect.

Let us know.

Originally I was thinking the same thing but pushing it in or out or making sure it's seated properly are all things I've done. I may add that it works fine if I'm using an android device. But anything Apple it would not accept. I know it isn't the Pilot App because others are using it with Apple devices. It isn't the firmware because others have reported success using the latest 1.1.8. Firmware in conjunction with the use of their Apple device. Not sure what else to think other than a defect internally with the software.

Originally I was thinking the same thing but pushing it in or out or making sure it's seated properly are all things I've done. I may add that it works fine if I'm using an android device. But anything Apple it would not accept. I know it isn't the Pilot App because others are using it with Apple devices. It isn't the firmware because others have reported success using the latest 1.1.8. Firmware in conjunction with the use of their Apple device. Not sure what else to think other than a defect internally with the software.

I'm running an iPhone 6 Plus with no issues. Weird that it works with Android.

I will say this is how I connect everything:
- Turn on Controller
- Turn on P3
- Connect iPhone 6 Plus to the controller
- Open App

No issues.

If there was a problem with the software I'm pretty confident that yours would not be the only thread on here claiming this. If it works fine with android then there's no issue with the remote, if you have tried it with both the iPad mini & iPhone 6 I'm sure the chances of both devices having a fault are probably a trillion to 1, so it only leaves 2 conclusions, either you have a faulty lightning wire to USB lead or you have made it up to discredit Apple.

I have not had problem connecting to my iPhone.

Is the lightning lead an official apple one ?
Have you tried a different lead. ?

Gosh that sounds so frustrating. I have a P3A and an iPad Air 1 and the only "glitch" I seem to get is that the iPad asks about the "trust this device" pretty much each time I connect the iPad to the TX - it doesn't seem to want to remember - but at least it does work when I press the "trust" button!
I wish you luck as this kind of thing is a real pig.

If there was a problem with the software I'm pretty confident that yours would not be the only thread on here claiming this. If it works fine with android then there's no issue with the remote, if you have tried it with both the iPad mini & iPhone 6 I'm sure the chances of both devices having a fault are probably a trillion to 1, so it only leaves 2 conclusions, either you have a faulty lightning wire to USB lead or you have made it up to discredit Apple.

I thought I had a faulty cable and went out and purchased a brand new one. Unfortunately, it did not work. To date, I've tried iPhone 6 (wife's phone), iPhone 6 + (my phone), iPad Mini 2 wifi & iPad Air. As far as your comment to discredit apple.. Believe me, I'd be the last one. My whole house is surrounded by apple products and I use nothing but it. I borrowed a friends Android Tab to verify that it actually worked and so I may be able to activate the Phantom.

I have not had problem connecting to my iPhone.

Is the lightning lead an official apple one ?
Have you tried a different lead. ?

I purchased a brand new cable from apple and still have the same issue.

Somehow, I think it's in internal issue. I sent my logs to DJI and am currently waiting back for a response.

Been using my IOS devices without any issues what so ever... I think you might have a faulty unit on your hands...

I'm having the same problem with mines. I'm using the iPad mini 3 and sometimes it works and at other times it doesn't and it's frustrating especially when I try to show off to friends and family the p3 please and that with uploading the newest firmware please keep us updated

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31