I don't go through all the posts, just those that I am alerted to via the notification feature. Since you have brought it up, I will try to find what you have observed vis-a-vis verbal abuse. Curious to see how little flying thingies could stir up such passions.

Reactions: Numone
The reason DJI comes out with new models is to piss you guys off and get you to verbally abuse each other. Seems to work.
Differences of opinions, with some banter, that's all - zero abuse.
I've completed >260 flights and I'm still amazed and smile everytime the AC lifts off the ground. This was the stuff of SciFi only 10 years ago....

Differences of opinions, with some banter, that's all - zero abuse.
I've completed >260 flights and I'm still amazed and smile everytime the AC lifts off the ground. This was the stuff of SciFi only 10 years ago....
Wait for it....as they say.

How is a P5 ridiculous? You think DJI will just give up their #1 position and not release a successor to the Phantom series?
The P5 is a foregone conclusion, of course, but I could see an interim Phantom 4 Pro, with Occusync instead of Lightbridge. I suspect that another option would be increasingly better camera performance on the Phantom line. With the Mavic now positioned as an entry-level sport drone, DJI would be free to distance the Phantom upward, provide more features, and provide more features at a higher cost. They would be stupid to lock themselves into just one market with just one drone platform, but they will need to provide more bang for buck in the Phantom lineup, and I suspect that they will.

I do think that DJI should consider cleaning up their product lineup. It's confusing. I think that, for example, a broad lineup from Phantom 2 to Phantom3 and Phantom 4 in their store, all using different batteries, is nuts. Kind of a self-defeating marketing strategy with no clear upgrade path from one to the next...you have to completely start from scratch if you get a Phantom 2, find you like it, then want to move up to the Phantom 4. You have to dump all of your accessories. Eventually, a tech company has to ditch its legacy tech (according to Steve Jobs). I'd guess that's coming soon from DJI.

Having fun with my P3A, but portability would be a big plus. I can't take it out when we go quadding (4 wheeler) in the mtns, or I'd shake it to death.

Oh, and if you bought a P3 today, & it went down $50 tomorrow, would you be pissed? Doubt it.

With the basic Inspire aircraft going for not much more than the Phantom 4 (until recently the Phantom 4 was $1,399), why would one not go for the Inspire if limited portability is not a concern?
My thought exactly... I am eager to get an inspire. And as far as pissing people off, ya'll should read the junk at blackjacktheforum.com. I'm sure trolling is widespread whatever site one visits...

A P5 wouldn't be exactly "ridiculous", but as of now I don't think there are any significant drone technology changes happening that they could put into a new drone, once they get some brand new technology ideas like crazy 10 mile range and brain-controlled drones.
How about them fixing horizon tilt for starters?

If DJI keeps with their usual schedule, it should be sometime around March.

I would not sell my P3A to buy the Mavic, I only paid $568 for it brand new and thought it was too much for the main use I intended for it (to do overhead shots for amateur motorcycling videos in Italy). I have been using it on my property here in the U.S. to check outbuilding roofs, among other things, but it is a not a necessity. I believe that a person ready to shell out over a thousand dollars for a Phanton 4 would probably go for the Mavic just based on its portability and similar performance. With the basic Inspire aircraft going for not much more than the Phantom 4 (until recently the Phantom 4 was $1,399), why would one not go for the Inspire if limited portability is not a concern?

Where did you find a P3A for $568? I'm assuming eBay? In the market for a P3A.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj