Phantom 3 Advanced ignoring waypoints

Reaction score
Hi, I am a relative newby so I hope you will be understanding.
I am using Litchi. I set up and flew a circular route with eleven waypoints and three POIs. Everything worked fine and I got some good video. I then added a couple more waypoints and made some height adjustments. When I flew the route again, suddenly the Phantom started ignoring the waypoints and went into alternating Atti and GPS - atti modes. Luckily the Phantom was still in range so I could bring it home. The log says that there was no loss of signal at this point, not that it should have mattered if the signal was lost, since the drone should have completed the route anyway. What worries me is that if the drone had been out of range when it started to go into atti mode would there have been a chance that it would not have returned home automatically. According to the log the Phantom was detecting at least 14 satellites at all times.
I would be very grateful if anyone could suggest a cause for this strange behavior. I am uploading the flight log, I hope I am doing it right.

Attachments

• 2016-11-29_14-26-23_v2.csv.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:
My Advanced did this a few days ago Atti/GPS it has never done it before It only happened once in 3 flights from the one place .
I read it is an indication of compass error .If RTH was activated while this was occurring would you get a flyaway ?

My Advanced did this a few days ago Atti/GPS it has never done it before It only happened once in 3 flights from the one place .
I read it is an indication of compass error .If RTH was activated while this was occurring would you get a flyaway ?
Well I suppose it might be a compass error, but I do not think so because I did activate RTH and it flew straight back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl