phantom 3 advanced flying crooked

Reaction score
I noticed today, i was a few hundred feet out & my phantom 3 advanced began to fly crooked, i would have the stick forward & not to the left or right @ all, & the phantom would move forward & to the right mainly, has anyone else experienced this? iMU & gimbal & compass calibrations done recently, all checking out okay? I only had the phantom for about 15 days, so i am still within my 30 day warranty, please advise if i should initiate a replacement!

Thanks in advance for any help!

high winds would be my guess. My other theory is the compass calibration needs to be precise in the way it is pointed. if its none of those try uninstalling everything including the app and reinstalling and then doing all the calibrations again

high winds would be my guess. My other theory is the compass calibration needs to be precise in the way it is pointed. if its none of those try uninstalling everything including the app and reinstalling and then doing all the calibrations again
I loaded my flight record to healthydrones & the highest wind was 20 MPH & lowest 4 MPH, i would assume the P3A would eat wind like this, & not be affected, am i wrong? Is there potentially another underlying problem? Also, i just did all calibrations before the flight & all checked out A OK.

I noticed something else today, i was about 1000 feet out (typically i get an easy 6000-8000 feet) & the app said video lost & the app crashed, i quickly hit return to home on the controller & it returned, once it got close i cancelled from the controller, after cancelling the return to home continued to force the craft down. Is this also not normal behavior? Also, flew the phantom today & did all calibrations before, & it is still flying crooked?

Does anyone have any insight on this please? I flew again today, no wind, & still flying crooked? Do i maybe have a defective unit?

Try flying it in ATTI mode and see if it still does it. If not, could be GPS or bad compass.
Then, I would try one more advanced calibration and compass calibration in a different location making sure nothing metallic or magnetic is nearby.
You could also re-calibrate the controller.
If it still does it, I might consider a return while you can.

when you are calibrating the compass make sure the phantom is pointed straight down for the second part. Basically almost have it rest on your leg. and take off all metal before you do it.

Not sure if this is anything but its 1 of many things that i did different when i was able to fix mine on 1.04.00011

Don't forget to calibrate the controller. I haven't seen that mentioned unless I've overlooked it. Your fwd only input on the stick could be adding a little right rudder input if it's out of calibration

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan