Phantom 3 Advanced - Crashed - Camera Damage

Reaction score
I crashed my sons P3 Advanced into a (feeling so guilty). After a few bangs off branches we recovered the Drone from the bottom of the tree and noticed that the camera had broken off, the ribbon cable torn in two and also the gimbal broken. Although the camera was still in one piece.
The drone was fitted with a 2.7k camera, I have seen a 4K camera from a P3 on eBay, will the 4K work with a straight swap?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

The p3 pro camera will work on the advanced no problem. It will in fact give you a p3 pro. The dji go app will recognize your advanced after the swap as a professional. My old p3 was the advanced with the pro camera.

The p3 pro camera will work on the advanced no problem. It will in fact give you a p3 pro. The dji go app will recognize your advanced after the swap as a professional. My old p3 was the advanced with the pro camera.
Thank you so much for your reply, I just hope that nothing internally has broken. It does have a slight crack in the casing on one of the arms but all props are still turning freely, so fingers crossed lol. My son only had it for a few days before I wrecked it. Thanks again.

Make sure the camera you've found is from a Phantom 3Pro, and not the Phantom 3 4K. Also, when you've fitted it you'll need to install the P3Pro firmware.

Reactions: Oso
I would fix the crack before you fly it again.
Hi Rod, yes I agree with you. I will definitely fix the crack prior to flying again. Do you know whether the drone will still operate with the camera damage? I've been reluctant to start it up with the camera ribbon cable being torn in fear of anything shorting and further damage being caused..

There is no such thing.
Really? TBH I'm a complete novice and only bought the Drone for my son recently so I know less than nothing. I was just stating a listing I saw on eBay, maybe they upgraded their camera, I really don't know? I hate not knowing about this stuff lol.

Make sure the camera you've found is from a Phantom 3Pro, and not the Phantom 3 4K. Also, when you've fitted it you'll need to install the P3Pro firmware.
@Ged2217, what @rockydog noted can't be stressed enough.

Only a P3P or a P3A camera can be used your P3A.

There is a different DJI model called a P34K, and the 4K camera from that model is not compatible with the P3A and P3P. Many people ask about that here, and a few have unfortunately tried it only to discover it doesn't work. Often after they've melted wires or worse.

I'm looking for a replacement compass cable. The one that runs down the right rear leg along with the antenna.
Anyone with spare parts from a crashed drone have an intact Compass cable? Willing to part with it?
Please contact me if so
I just replaces a shell on a P4-pro yesterday. All is working, but I did crimp that cable & would feel
More secure if I could replace it

Barring that, does anyone know if I can order that part alone?? And what part number it would be?

What's the difference between the P3 Pro and P3-4K?

I'm looking for a replacement compass cable. The one that runs down the right rear leg along with the antenna.
I just replaces a shell on a P4-pro yesterday.
I thought you did a P3P shell, no?
If you actually have a P3P, one option is that you get the compass and wire included if you buy a new set of landing gear. Its inexpensive.

Reactions: JoBe
What's the difference between the P3 Pro and P3-4K?

P3 4K is just the phantom 3 standard with a 4K camera, so no light bridge, no Glonass, no VPS etc etc

I thought you did a P3P shell, no?
If you actually have a P3P, one option is that you get the compass and wire included if you buy a new set of landing gear. Its inexpensive.
Yes. P3. That was a typo
And I see that on the landing gear. Going to do that. Thanks!

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4