Phantom 3 advanced controller problem

Reaction score
I was on the chat line with DJI tech. Was not getting firmware versions to show in DJI GO app about. it just shown N/A. check picture. anyways the chat had me doing combination of buttons to do a relink with the controller to my drone. nothing worked, so he had me do a C1,C2 & video out button with the drone off it beeps and then turn off the controller and then back on. After that I lost connection with my tablet it was like the USB was turned off. Will the tablet did show changing so it was connected. The Tech then said oh bad USB port need to send it in for repair. ( out of warr.) I was just playing around with it to see if I can maybe turn the USB back on. The controller is bound to the drone I can unlock the motors I can start the camera just can't see anything. I check the video and it's date 01.01.2014. OK did some how we wiped the firmware and if so anyway to reinstall it. Oh I did try 3 different phones and 2 different Go app versions.
Thank for any help.
IMG_20161031_134753908[1].jpg

What did you do between the time all last worked as expected and this problem popped up?

What did you do between the time all last worked as expected and this problem popped up?
As with the N/A on the firmware or the controller USB port? I had the Drone in to DJI for a new Shell and had not flown it to much since. I notice the N/A thought it was odd but it was flying OK with no other problems. I had some time so I got online with DJI chat to see if I should be worried.

Are you sure you didn't install any firmware updates since getting it back from DJI?

Do you know which version of the Phantom firmware you last installed?

that was some what the problem I could not tell because of the other problem or maybe the same. On my sd card for my camera it has:
========== 2016.10.07 08:09:51 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Do you recall when you last installed the Phantom firmware?

No
Just a side note I have another controller that does work with the drone. and it also shows N/A in the go app. I'm not having any problem with it ( so far).

Did you try reinstalling DJI GO?

With your second remote controller, does everything work as expected other than the N/As on the About screen?

It appears this is a known issue in the Android version of DJI GO. Check out this thread from the DJI forum.

It's possible. That would certainly cause the no video issue.

Is there another battery inside the controller that keeps everything saved? It's funny the the video and pictures I take all have the same date 01.01.2014 and 12:00am. reminds me of a bad cmos battery.

There is only one battery inside the remote controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic