Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 3 Advanced camera filter install

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by FatTwoTonTony, Jan 3, 2016.

1. FatTwoTonTony

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the camera lens off to install new filter?? Mine will not budge!!

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Make sure you're turning it counter-clockwise with as little pressure as possible. The harder you grip it, the harder it'll be too remove. If you're not able to grip it, try wearing rubber gloves or wrap something rubber around it.

3. FatTwoTonTony

Ok thx I will try that

4. Guy bb

Can't emphasize that enough - hold the filter as loosely as possible. It's very counter intuitive but once successful you'll understand.

5. AAPhoto

I had a really difficult time with mine....until I wrapped a rubber band around it. That was the key and it came off easy after that. I still had to use a fair amount of grip pressure, but it came loose instantly with the rubber band.

6. CCDD

Light pressure, I thought mine would never come off but miraculously it somehow did.

7. FatTwoTonTony

Thx guys I got it off and new one installed!! I was gripping too tight and after reading the comments here i tried again and no problem!! Thx again you guys rule!!

AAPhoto likes this.
  8. peter west nz

I have 2 x p3a. The second one, which has slightly different motors, came with a thingy to grip the motors while tightening the props. It worked for holding the filter body too. It still wouldn't move, so I held it not-too-tight, and rubbed it around so that the filter body got warm. Left it for a couple of minutes, and the filter just unscrewed, easy as!