phantom 3 advanced battery damage message 2017

Reaction score
i was flying it today and the wind was little strong anyways i got the battery damage message.
so i got the battery out and put it back in the message went away.

now same day later on when i went home i turned it on with out the blades just to examin what went wrong , i seen messages in some setting saying cell damaged and other pictures i taken u can se.
Whats_App_Image_2017_04_30_at_8_45_58_PM.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2017_04_30_at_8_45_58_PM_1.jpg

how did this battery get damaged ? and now what can i do.

the power comes on but i dont want to take the risk

Send it to DJI if it is under warranty. If it is not, then dispose of it. It is no longer stable and if you continue to use it you will eventually be without a phantom.
There is a slight possibility that I'd it is indeed a shorted cell, that it could overheat and cause a fire.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
It could have gotten damaged in a number of ways.
Running the battery down to far can do it. Dropping it. Or it could just be a manufacturing defect that just now showed up.
But one thing is for certain. Do not charge it or use it anymore. Dispose of it properly.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Yes they most likely are.
Not really fake. Just not a DJI product.
They will work just fine, but in reality you are only saving $20-30 per battery. You run the risk of getting something that may not be up to the same standards as a genuine battery. It may not update IF DJI releases another update for the Phantom 3 series (highly unlikely). Also, if you have a warranty claim, like a motor failure, you run the risk of DJI denying the claim because they specifically say to only use genuine DJI batteries. They can verify batteries through the flight data.
So, is saving $20.00 worth it when you have spent $1000.00 on the Phantom?
The DJI batteries are on sale periodically for $99.00 through Amazon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj