Phantom 3 advance love it

Reaction score
So now I have about 30 flights under my belt and apart from my arm being sliced on my first hand catch I feel an update and a comment on the bird is important.
I have successfully hand caught the bird about 12 times now but am always cautious as to not loose blood. The stability and total FUN of this bird cannot be understated.
Friends properties my backyard local park all now under my belt with video photos and just flying enjoyment. I tried another brand that a friend had and well let's just say flying a brick with constant issues was that experience. I am playing with the Atti mode now to improve my abilities and strongly recommend this as recommended on other threads.

Lastly there are sure to be some faulty birds and some issues with any product line. Just don't forget to comment on how good it is as well. Some people are too scared to fly their bird. RTFM practice don't fly outside your skill set and enjoy. Thank you DJI and to this forum for your help and product.

Reactions: CCDD and bobmyers
Good to hear. I also have great flights too. My P3A seems to do everything well and remains problem free through firmware updates, perfect gimbal level, and not a hint of stress cracks. I'm the second owner of this bird. The original owner was meticulous with it and I'm the same way. I don't baby fly it, but I have conservatively flown it with each flight and successively built up my skill with this system. It has gained my trust. I wasn't quick to run it out 4,000 plus feet like so many new fliers just seem to only be interested in. I will likely never take it out nearly that far. I'm interested in flying well, smart, and safely. At the top of my list is ensuring the bird works properly and it continues to do so. I'd like to think that's more the norm than the problems that get posted here.

So now I have about 30 flights under my belt and apart from my arm being sliced on my first hand catch I feel an update and a comment on the bird is important.
I have successfully hand caught the bird about 12 times now but am always cautious as to not loose blood.

You might want to invest as much and more time getting comfortable just landing the bird when it's clear to do so. There's yet another misconception/fear that the phantom will just tip over like a domino when landing. Not at all true. The phantom can be landed softly and perfectly even in windy conditions. Try and join the habit of just plain landing. You could save a pint of blood too!

Enjoy!

I have the advance to, is a beast, I really like flying it, I'm still flying my syma x5c, because I can fly it like crazy, trying new stuff, I also fly my tarantula x6, that thing is fun to fly, and my dear phantom is the most important, O man, I mean I really like it

a half sheet of 1/2 cement board (Hardi board from Home Depot for $10) works great to land on in a grassy area so the gimbal doesnt touch

I do normally land it as well and have perfected the slow landing in most weather conditions. I just did the hand catch to remind myself of an alternative and to face my fear of blood loss. I am glad others enjoy flying the phantom as well. Lots of negative comments and only wanted a positive few

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues