Phantom 3 Adv Smokes when 4K Camera is Plugged in!

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently replaced my phantom 3 shell and all for motors after a crash, but my camera was a loss. I had a Phantom 3 4K( It's not the Professional model) laying around and decided to take the 4K camera off and plug it into the repaired P3 ADV since the P3 ADV has a farther range. But when I boot up the drone nothing happens at first, then seconds later a puff of some comes out of the shell's vents( I even added P3 Pro Firmware on the sd card). At first you would think that something went wrong during the rebuild, but I was able to borrow a P3 ADV camera and the drone runs perfectly fine! Whats the deal? I was told that a 4K camera should work!

Here is my video of fixing the P3 ADV, let me know if you saw anything wrong while fixing it:

I doubt if cam can create a smoke inside your P3. It may be caused due to incorrect power wiring like connections to motors.

I would think that too, however it will not boot up if the 4K camera is plugged in. If I plug in my original camera the drone operates perfectly fine, I even went on a few successful flights today.

This 4K cam may have different pin connections than 4K Pro Cam. No idea.

Adv and Pro cameras can be inter-changed, not sure of P3 4K camera

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4