Phantom 3 Adv... nearly 8 weeks in DJI repair

Reaction score
Hi all...

I got my p3 adv in November of last year and love it... I have 16 hours of problem free flight logged. In late december it started giving me an issue where it would suddenly lose video feed for a second or two even though i keep it flying close.

Turns out its a ribbon fault on the gimbal... you press on it/barely move and feed would disappear. My dealer told me its covered... no issue... we will send that back to Germany to get sorted.

They charged me for delivery to DJI germany and that was back in the start of January. I have not seen my bird since.

Numerous emails and phone calls... and it turns out they lost the RMA and it just sat there in repair... no updates to the dealer or me.

Latest update is that they found it and they will update next tuesday on its status. Dealer has apologised to me... and i can understand that this it not their fault but 8 weeks is too long and im pissed at DJI.

I dont know about others on here... but myself and my son saved **** hard for this quadcopter for a long time... and unfortunately the week after i bought the p3 adv it dropped in price by 150 euro here... for christmas and Dji said there was nothing we could do about that as well.

Between extra batteries, hard shell case and extra charger i have spent over 1600 euros ($1800) and i haven't seen my p3 in 8 weeks even though its a simple repair.

Sorry about the long rant from a newbie like me but im (and my teenage son) are pissed off to say the least.

Hopefully you get it back really soon - very disappointing to learn they'd lost it. I bought a P3A for $1699 AUD and also was pretty ticked off when the prices suddenly dropped a week or so later.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry for your trouble. Just bad luck for you.

Just as a side note: It occurs to me that if 100 owners sent their craft in to DJI to get fixed, and 99 of them got it fixed within two weeks, and one of them ended up having the craft lost with an RMA issue, how many of the 100 are going to start a thread and describe their repair experience?

This may be part of the reason for the perception that DJI customer service is lacking.

Just as a side note: It occurs to me that if 100 owners sent their craft in to DJI to get fixed, and 99 of them got it fixed within two weeks, and one of them ended up having the craft lost with an RMA issue, how many of the 100 are going to start a thread and describe their repair experience?

This may be part of the reason for the perception that DJI customer service is lacking.

When you have a main dealer, who would be dealing with DJI customer repair fairly often, telling you that they are horrible to deal with on the majority of occasions... id tend to listen to that.

No, they really are lacking. It isn't 99 out of 100. I have a record of two experiences even worse than the op's in terms of getting support and their turnaround times, complete absence of communication by dji etc. so it's real, not perceived injury on customers.

Dealer has apologised ...

Are you in EU country? Because this is unacceptable. First of all you have nothing to do with DJI. Your warranty is with the business you bought your bird from. Covering shipping costs to DJI Germany? C'mon. 8 weeks wait for repairs? There must be a law limiting how long something can be on repair before seller have to give you new unit or full refund. Do not let them make a fool out of you.

my p3p fell from the sky December 18-2015. Sent in 12-20. Received back 01-15-2016. Warrantied repair Lack of communication was the worst part and not knowing where I stood ( in line, on the repair process, what was repaired and why or what went wrong in the first place . All I know is that the bird is fixed under warranty and back to me in 21-22 days total .

What if I was to never recover my bird from the falling from sky issue ( counted as a flyWay) what if I was flying over an ocean and not my backyard when the phantom ( still no definitive answer why it fell from sky but fw 1.5 , low battery voltages , battery shut down protection was all suspected possibilities of it happening but Dji just said a manufacturers defect and repair was covered )

Edit. This is US DJI SUPPORT. In California
Editedit
They paid shipping via fed ex both way

Last edited:
This is US DJI SUPPORT. In California

Looks like all repairs inside warranty period are done by DJI Germany if you are in EU country. Maybe UK has its own.
Buyer shouldn't have any additional expenses if unit breaks during warranty period.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie