Phantom 3 adv crashed. Know I can not calibrate the compass.

Opening her up is a challenge. You need lots of fingers as she keeps snapping back. Do not take out the motor screws as u don't need too. There are 4 screws on each arm that need to come out. one at the very tip. Two just back of the motor and one near the leg. Use cred cards to keep it open as u go around unsnapping the top cover. Kind of pinch the bottom shell as u do it. There are YouTube videos that show how. Don't be surprised if u find the connector broken off the main board. U will need someone who can solder electronics. If u have never done it don't try. "Hunch" on here can do it. He is in Minnesota.

Yes, check at the leg first as it is easier to get to. I think I read that she landed upside down so I doubt if it is the actual compass that-is broken but who knows??

Opening her up is a challenge. You need lots of fingers as she keeps snapping back. Do not take out the motor screws as u don't need too. There are 4 screws on each arm that need to come out. one at the very tip. Two just back of the motor and one near the leg. Use cred cards to keep it open as u go around unsnapping the top cover. Kind of pinch the bottom shell as u do it. There are YouTube videos that show how. Don't be surprised if u find the connector broken off the main board. U will need someone who can solder electronics. If u have never done it don't try. "Hunch" on here can do it. He is in Minnesota.
Hi thanks for your info. I'm in the uk. And not sure what I'm doing. Really. I think I might have to send it off to someone to fix as I think it's beyond me

The compass is poorly designed on the P3 board. On a heavy crash where the legs are yanked, the compass tears off the main board. DJI should have given the cable more slack or mounted it sideways so it can slip off. Same can be said with the OFDM cable. I wonder if there is generic extension cable..

The compass is poorly designed on the P3 board. On a heavy crash where the legs are yanked, the compass tears off the main board. DJI should have given the cable more slack or mounted it sideways so it can slip off. Same can be said with the OFDM cable. I wonder if there is generic extension cable..
Gee that gives me an idea. I have mine apart now, putting on a Hydro Dipped Shell, I might try adding wire to the compass leads. It would be pretty easy when she is open.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20