Phantom 3 adv crashed. Know I can not calibrate the compass.

Reaction score
Hi everyone I got a phantom 3 advance. Crashed it. But can't calibrate compass. Done imu check and tested imu as well all says normal tried a strong magnetic around the drone to reset it that don't work. Anyone who can point me in the right way would be great thanks jay

Did it calibrate properly before you crashed? What happens now when you attempt to calibrate the compass? Please be as detailed as possible.

Did it calibrate properly before you crashed? What happens now when you attempt to calibrate the compass? Please be as detailed as possible.
Hi yes it did calabrete before until the crash ow when I try to calabrete it now it say to strong magnetic interference don't think I spelt that right sorry

Check the wire coming up from the compas if it has not been damaged during the crash.
Did you calibrate at same place as usual? Nothing changed in the surrounding ?
What is saying your sensors ?
Screenshot_2015-09-19-11-08-47.png

The compas is here not that good as it was at home. Usual value for mod is in the range of 1350 - 1450 depending where you are located, this in a open field area.

Hi where is the. Compass on the drone I'll take a photo in a while and put it up for you.and yes calibrated in the normal place

It is on one of the horizontal bar of the landing gear, on the right if you look to the P3 from the battery.
2016-07-27 17.32.05.jpg

Ok thanks I'm going to start up the p3 in a while I'll take a photo of the app screen and show you what the compass is saying

Ok here is a photo of the screen which don't say to much

Attachments

• 1469635359023-542745237.jpg
    1469635359023-542745237.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 366
I've checked the wires to compass all seems ok nothing lose or come off

Did you checked the values from the sensors ?

Also for the compas ?
The Z of acceleration should be around of -1.00 and the mod around 1.00.

It did land heavenly on its top of p3 it must of dameged something in side

I had a similar problem so I ended up buying a new compass around $12 and it works fine now with no issues. My recommendation is buy a new compass it's a cheap try, you won't spend alot to see if that's the problem, which most likely it is.

Sent from my SM-N910T using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had a similar problem so I ended up buying a new compass around $12 and it works fine now with no issues. My recommendation is buy a new compass it's a cheap try, you won't spend alot to see if that's the problem, which most likely it is.

Sent from my SM-N910T using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks what does the compass look like and which wore would it be thanks again I'm new to this so never had it open yet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj