phantom 3 activation not required??

Reaction score
I purchased p3pro .if I don't active it .then any problems will arrived ??

You will need to activate it in DJI GO before you can fly.

Reactions: Digdat0
You will need to activate it in DJI GO before you can fly.
Correct. You need to power everything up and open the Go app and register the bird with DJI. And of course, you will need to be on WiFi to do it. The props won't turn until yo register.

Curious, shouldn't work. Are you sure that it hadn't been previously activate?

Mine also did not require activation. Bought it new from B&H.

Mine also did not require activation. Bought it new from B&H.
Was the Phantom box sealed? All new Phantoms I've purchased required activation.

Was the Phantom box sealed? All new Phantoms I've purchased required activation.
Yes it was sealed. I had previously registered a P3A using the same tablet/DJI Go. Sent it back and replaced with a P3P. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Did you have to assign a name to your Phantom? Or, didn't DJI GO ask you to do that either?

Did you have to assign a name to your Phantom? Or, didn't DJI GO ask you to do that either?
No, nothing was asked or required. Now I'm having a bad feeling if I have to return it:( I checked the support web site and all I see there is the P3A.

Yep -- that's odd for sure. If you contact DJI support and give them your Phantom serial number, they should be able to tell you if it was registered before. And, they should be able to help you get it registered in your DJI account.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl