Phantom 3 4k VERSUS Phantom 3 Advanced | Buying Advice.

Reaction score
Ok. I have decided that I will not get the Standard. So, what's the main differences between the 4k and Advanced?

Are you really looking at the P34K? Or, do you mean the P3A vs. the P3P?

4k, not the Pro. Pro is WWWAAAYYY out of my price range.

The P34K is basically the P3S, but with a 4K camera, better remote controller, and VPS. If I were you, I'd pass and get the P3S or the P3A. If you must have 4K video though, then the P34K will be your only option if the P3P is out of your price range.

Reactions: Squirrel!
The P34K is basically the P3S, but with a 4K camera, better remote controller, and VPS. If I were you, I'd pass and get the P3S or the P3A. If you must have 4K video though, then the P34K will be your only option if the P3P is out of your price range.
Does the 4k have Glonass?
And it appeared to have a Visual Positioning System.

Good plan. For the current $85 difference, it's a better choice.

I'd go with the P3A. The lower-res 480p downlink and shorter range on the P34K are destroyed IMO by the P3A's superior 720p long-range transmission.

I'd like to get the P34K remote for my standard...

It's not compatible :(

I'm not sure. I was able to link my P34K remote controller to my P3S, but almost none of the controls worked.

1080 is still the standard and probably will take a while before 4k becomes "standard". That being said, the 2.7k camera still allows some punching in to get the shot you want. The advanced has features that you will appreciate immediately and over time, while it might be a while before you appreciate 4k footage.

P3 4K owner here. I decided on the P3 4K since I got it with an extra free battery ($145 CAD value). I think if you are not going to be flying out of LOS, then going with the P3 4K seems like a reasonable choice given the limitations. I will probably get a lot of hatred here for saying this, but despite the lag using a wifi downlink (which is minor in my opinion, <2/3 sec), you can still line up shots. Also, as for 480p vs 720p video transmission makes little sense me. On a 7 inch tablet, sure 720p may look slightly better for transmission, but what matters most (in my opinion) is that you record excellent quality video. The video transmission works as a view finder, use it to line up shots properly. You are not recording the quality being transmitted to tablet, rather the limitation is the camera.

Again, just my 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.