Phantom 3 4K range mod???

Got a call just now and the lady says she will see the distributor tomorrow and ask about the missing cables. So now I wait.

So now I wait.
unpatient_animated_avatar_100x100_49421.gif

Well she was really great and picked up the external pigtails for me and I went and got them from her this afternoon. :) Im doing my mod now and will get back to you guys soon with the results. I did succesfully remove the 3 internal wires without breaking the connectors and even make a video to share on my method. Well back to work for me I want to get this done tonight so I can test it out tomorrow.

Reactions: dirkclod
DBS just posted this on his Youtube channel.
inside the p34k remote and the video of the 3 mile range test on it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank You Jay H for posting the video as the kit has no instructions and the video let me see which wires go where and the connector setup. Real cool this thread has helped me greatly with my install. !!!!! :) Because the antenna panel has 3 connectors and I wasnt sure which wires went to which connectors? Now I know. Cool beans!

Reactions: Bleedin Iris Photog
Well just completed the Mod and took it outside for a test run. Where I live is in a townhouse community Ive flown my quad many times out front with no issues of interference etc. Only loss of signal when flying directly over head. I can usually fly all he way to a local Best Buy parking lot and back. Well with the Mod I did not make it as far without signal loss. I was not happy tonight with the results in a neighborhood enviroment. :( But tomorrow I will take it to the Park Model Airfeild where it is wide open and retest and see what my results are there. If this Mod turns out to be bad I will say so and if it is good I will also say so. So soon I will give you guys a review of what my findings are. For now goodnight.

Rambo1, which wires go where? I'm guessing the 2 outside ones are for the 2.4GHz? I will be receiving my mod on Monday from, DBSMods directly.
I know when I'm up at my parents I have no interference issues. Here in Utica, NY, there is a lot of wifi signals and am trying to keep link

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Rambo1
Well just completed the Mod and took it outside for a test run. Where I live is in a townhouse community Ive flown my quad many times out front with no issues of interference etc. Only loss of signal when flying directly over head. I can usually fly all he way to a local Best Buy parking lot and back. Well with the Mod I did not make it as far without signal loss. I was not happy tonight with the results in a neighborhood enviroment. :( But tomorrow I will take it to the Park Model Airfeild where it is wide open and retest and see what my results are there. If this Mod turns out to be bad I will say so and if it is good I will also say so. So soon I will give you guys a review of what my findings are. For now goodnight.

I received my DBS mode a couple of days ago and installed it today. Tomorrow i will take it for a test run. I also live in a residential neighborhood, with a lot of WiFi interference around me..
Stock i usually get around 1,300 before loosing video feed. Hoping to do better tomorrow. But i am skeptical for some reason.
If i don't do any better, then im gonna try some signal boosters. If that doesn't get me better results, then idk.. Maybe i will wait for Adv/Pro to go on sale and grab me one of those.. But thats another $700 - $1000 potentially.. This hobby quickly becoming very expensive. :persevere:

Bleedin Iris Photog I think you are correct but I used the video as a guide. I really wish there was more reference material like a frickin' manual for God's sake. Showing which connectors are for what and a basic overview of the installation process. But we are throw to the wolves with no instructions and relying on our wits and investigative talent scouring the web for videos on other people's mods. ITElite SHOULD HAVE A PAGE SHOWING ALL OF THE NEEDED INFORMATION SO THERE IS NO MISTAKE OR GUESS WORK!!!!! Today I am getting ready to go visit my mom who lives some 35 miles away. Im going to do a flight at the park as its is on my way down. Ill report my findings later. If this mod dosnt give the expected results I will have to open up my controller again and recheck all of my connections. If there is no problems then I will assume something may be defect. And if that dosnt fix it. Then I will write a review that says to stay away from this mod and dont waste your cash. We want 1, extended range 2, solid video connection without drop outs 3, confidence we can stay connected and fly worry free. I think if the modification dosnt met at least these 3 criteria then its NO GOOD. So only time will tell what the truth is here. I think I will start a new thread asking for peoples actual results on all the different range mods. And I am really interested in hearing real world reviews and not propaganda from the sellers saying its so great and finding out it isnt. So this new thread will tell others the real truth and we can all decide for ourselves with better up front information as to whether we should buy a kit or not. Please stay tuned!

DBS Mods really needs to step up and give the correct connections or give out money back. I'm not opening my controller until I know for sure which connection is which. They have been shady on replying to msg's and posts.

I'm sorry guys but what is the problem . What is it you don't know ?
Not trying to be smart just wondering ,seems straight forward to me .
In that video at 1:15 you see the bottom 2 are the 2.4's and the other is the 5.8 .
Port one on the panel is the 5.8.
And Rambo...there's lots of threads on what these do as far as improving your distance .
They are good and just ordered another one for my P2V to set up like my Standard .
Agree he needs to make a video and most likely will but you guys are ahead of him on doing one .
Again I am not trying to be smart I just don't see what you are missing .

As far as him answering e-mails ..I read in here where someone was having luck on his facebook page
getting answers ..

I think you answered it. The 2 outer ones are the 2.4 and the top/inner is 5.8.
If the video had just like a quick arrow or a description stating this, it would be way more helpful

I think you answered it. The 2 outer ones are the 2.4 and the top/inner is 5.8.
If the video had just like a quick arrow or a description stating this, it would be way more helpful

I agree and it's been like this when they first came out with the panel . He was behind on the how to video
and by the time it did come out all had done figured it out :)
That's what's good about this bunch is we do help each other . The really sharp members went on to the Pro/Adv section
I just prefer this 2.4 & 5.8 and plan on getting the 4K as soon as the price drops a little more ;)

Alright went and did a test run at the airfeild where I usually fly. It did well and flew at greater distances than the results I had at home. I have not done a long distance test yet but my flight this afternoon did make me feel much better about it than last night flying in an urban enviroment. I will soon do my long distance range test just as soon as I purchase a locator cube to add on to my 4K. In fact Im gonna look on Ebay now and see whats out there. Any particular ones you guys can recommend? A guy I met recently at the park where I fly had one and he said he pays $3 a month for the service. Are there any free ones? Where you buy it and you dont have to pay every month? Or can you get one and use one of your existing phone sim cards? Well Im about to find out......

You see in my signature and their are many . I love mine and has found mine a few times .
I have it on my plan and is high ..10 bucks a month but I use it for more than flying so it's worth it .
Use that search in my sig and put in trackers and look what you see :)
Glad you got good results with your mod . It took me a little while to really get the feel of using it but it 's
nice .

You see in my signature and their are many . I love mine and has found mine a few times .
I have it on my plan and is high ..10 bucks a month but I use it for more than flying so it's worth it .
Use that search in my sig and put in trackers and look what you see :)
Glad you got good results with your mod . It took me a little while to really get the feel of using it but it 's
nice .[/QUOTE}

Hey I love that custom search Thanks!
Well went on Ebay and looked around at what was available and after watching several YouTube reviews I better understand how they work and the differences between several models. Ive decided to go with the TK102B GPS tracking Device from Ebay.
Car Person Pet GPS GSM GPRS Tracker Vehicle Real time TK102B GPS tracking Device
As it coomes with a couple of extras like 2 batteries and 2 back covers. I also like the fact that it works with both LBS and GPS so if for any reason the GPS signal is no good it will report a LBS location. When it texts you the location info the header will tell you GPRS or GPS and then the coordinates with a google map link. So for $20 I will not have to worry about losing my 4K! All I have to do is call my sim card number and it will text me back. I see you have the TK 109 is it smaller? And lighter? Hmmm I gotta go loook at that one now. :)

Ahh I see why you got the TK109 because its water proof thanks dirkclod for your help. Now to order me up one.
Now I did have the 102 but it had a battery door and I had a crash/autoland and it came off and the battery fell out .
109 's is internal . It works good for me here but in those other threads you see many opinions on different ones .

Yes I went there and saw it. Thats good. I need to upload my video to YouTube so I can share the link. Its a poorly made clip on how I removed the wires only. Also I bought the TK 102B I was a cheap *** and figured I could use the water proof pouch that comes with it. Used the money I saved on a prop balancing rod and a set of carbon Fiber props.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31