Phantom 3 4K range mod???

Reaction score
Hey everybody, first time posting and just want to say I'm loving the community so far, great information and people on here [emoji1]

I'm looking at picking up one of the new phantom 3 4Ks and am interested in adding a range modification to it. I don't need extreme range on it but want to make sure to have as much as possible. I know going with one of the light bridge enabled models would be best, but when it comes down to price, I have to decide between light bridge or a 4K camera and being into film making, 4K wins out.

All that being said, does anybody know which ItElite DBS range mod would work for the 4K? The controller looks like the one for the P3A and P3P (sans the light bridge of course), but since it is wifi enabled, would I need to get the range mod for the standard control?

From the reading I've been doing on the forum, it sounds like the only difference between the range mod for the P3P/P3A and the P3S is the length of some of the cables and mounting hardware, ya? Others than that, the mods are the same?

Really appreciate any feedback!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bleedin Iris Photog
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

The Lightbridge equipped P3's do not require any range mods, they do quite well on their own. ;)

If the remote is like the P3A and P3P then you may look into the windsurfer attachment. This is simply pringles can mod. Look up windsurfer on ebay or make one yourself. Its cheap.

What I don't know about the P34K is where the wifi antenna is in the remote. I hope that they decided to make one antenna 5.8ghz for control and the other 2.4ghz for FPV. I just hope they didn't make the controller like the P3Standard with the wifi antenna built into the controller.

Haha, I hear ya... 3+miles is pretty ridiculous [emoji38]

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

The Lightbridge equipped P3's do not require any range mods, they do quite well on their own. ;)
He's interested in the wifi enabled P3-4K.

Reactions: chrislongley
I mis-read this and thought you were looking at the P3A/P. If you are looking to spend $1000 on a 4K just buy the P3P for a small amount more, well worth the cost getting LB and you will not need to mess around with range mods.

DBS Mods flew a stock P3 Standard 4K to 4200 feet.

Hey everybody, first time posting and just want to say I'm loving the community so far, great information and people on here [emoji1]

I'm looking at picking up one of the new phantom 3 4Ks and am interested in adding a range modification to it. I don't need extreme range on it but want to make sure to have as much as possible. I know going with one of the light bridge enabled models would be best, but when it comes down to price, I have to decide between light bridge or a 4K camera and being into film making, 4K wins out.

All that being said, does anybody know which ItElite DBS range mod would work for the 4K? The controller looks like the one for the P3A and P3P (sans the light bridge of course), but since it is wifi enabled, would I need to get the range mod for the standard control?

From the reading I've been doing on the forum, it sounds like the only difference between the range mod for the P3P/P3A and the P3S is the length of some of the cables and mounting hardware, ya? Others than that, the mods are the same?

Really appreciate any feedback!!!

DBS Mods just hacked a P3 Standard 4K this afternoon and here are the initial results.
20160114_125442.jpg
20160114_125442.jpg
IMG_0023.jpg
IMG_0024.jpg

Attachments

• 20160114_144055.jpg
    20160114_144055.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 701
Last edited:
DBS Mods flew a stock P3 Standard 4K to 4200 feet.
There is a member here that has the Itelite DBS mod and gets well over 16,000' on his P3S.

Reactions: dirkclod
There is a member here that has the Itelite DBS mod and gets well over 16,000' on his P3S.
Cool! This flight flew 16356 feet. Love these antennas.

Haha, I hear ya... 3+miles is pretty ridiculous [emoji38]

It is but cool to do :) 3.04 miles.PNG

P3 Standard 4K actually moded by DBS Mods himself this afternoon.
Thanks for posting the pics! That's what I'm looking for :) I wonder if he had to use any addition parts to get it to work with the P3 4K controller?

@FLPTFLYER You wouldn't have pictures to where all the switch's are on that TX would ya . Like the top and backside ?

I'm still at work, will respond to you folks once I am on my home computer.

Reactions: dirkclod
@FLTPFLYER thanks, preciate it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.