Phantom 3 4K question

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am new to the Phantom line, not ordered one yet, but I had originally been locked in on the Standard. Just saw some ads on ebay and B&H for the Phantom 3 4K that are just a few hundred $$ more than the Standard. Tried to see the difference but from what I can discern, the P3 4k is really just a Standard with the Advanced camera. Is this correct or are there other differences?

DJI Phantom 3 4K Drone With 12MP Camera! 2 BATTERY HUGE EVERYTHING YOU NEED KIT!

TIA for any help or additional info.

The P34K also has a nicer remote controller.

Thanks for that link. Had not seen that one before and answers my questions. Think I will lean more toward the Advanced after reading through the link.

Don't under estimate the P3S though! Spend some time on here reading the forums and you will find all the answers you need to make your decision.

Don't under estimate the P3S though! Spend some time on here reading the forums and you will find all the answers you need to make your decision.

Thanks. Just found this forum a couple of days ago and have been trying to sift thru a lot of the threads. Yes, the Standard would probably do most everything I would want as I will NOT be flying long distances away so really will not be a significant issue of range, just want to bump up to more quality "hobby grade" flight from my current quads but do want a decent camera although 4K is really not "mandatory". Really like the portability of the Mavic but feel that I need an intermediate quad before taking that much of a giant step.

Still have about 3 weeks left here in the Orlando area before I get back home to Southern Indiana and will try to do some additional research before I order in a couple of weeks.

Thanks. Just found this forum a couple of days ago and have been trying to sift thru a lot of the threads. Yes, the Standard would probably do most everything I would want as I will NOT be flying long distances away so really will not be a significant issue of range, just want to bump up to more quality "hobby grade" flight from my current quads but do want a decent camera although 4K is really not "mandatory". Really like the portability of the Mavic but feel that I need an intermediate quad before taking that much of a giant step.

Still have about 3 weeks left here in the Orlando area before I get back home to Southern Indiana and will try to do some additional research before I order in a couple of weeks.

I was flying a lot of what I realize now to be toy quality quads before I got my P3S a couple months ago. This thing has blown me away.. If money is not a concern then xxxx, go for the advanced! If you want to save some bucks don't feel like you are getting a lesser of a quad with the standard. I was in the same boat, ended up with the standard and its 5x what I was expecting, especially being new to DJI/ Phantoms.

Either way you will be happy.
Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jwmcgrath
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am new to the Phantom line, not ordered one yet, but I had originally been locked in on the Standard. Just saw some ads on ebay and B&H for the Phantom 3 4K that are just a few hundred $$ more than the Standard. Tried to see the difference but from what I can discern, the P3 4k is really just a Standard with the Advanced camera. Is this correct or are there other differences?

DJI Phantom 3 4K Drone With 12MP Camera! 2 BATTERY HUGE EVERYTHING YOU NEED KIT!

TIA for any help or additional info.
And p34k is range of 1.2km,,p3s only 1km range and to be honest by p34k was bit of a watse of $$$$$$$$$,,me std goes beta ,,i got the box with the bad wifi problem,had to upgrade with wifi booster (argtec) just to have normal flight:(and still not happy,,had to get a p4 ,,left all troubles behind me

I'm new to the drone world and been watching reviews on YouTube and reading reviews for the P3S and the Autel X-Star not sure which way to go need some expert advice I live in the mountains of Kentucky so I need to know where to buy online so I get good customer service

I'm new to the drone world and been watching reviews on YouTube and reading reviews for the P3S and the Autel X-Star not sure which way to go need some expert advice I live in the mountains of Kentucky so I need to know where to buy online so I get good customer service
I dont know much about Autel, but I have a sneaking suspicion that most people on here are going to suggest getting a phantom. Haha.

And customer service? Is that that thing that used to be important back in the day? [emoji23]

If anything being out where you are I'd buy one off Amazon. They will take anything back. Ample time to get it out the box and test it.

I have the P3P. What I don't really like about the standard is having to use wifi to connect the tablet to the drone instead of the hard connection with the P3P. Just personal opinion.

Reactions: 805hd
If you're thinking of this look for a refurbished pro version. Way better than both and not a bad price for a refurb. Try newegg and see if they still have them available

Mine didn't come with a lightening adapter for iphone 6 s
wifi the onlyway to connect?
Right -- you can only connect via Wi-Fi.

Thank you all for the replays. One other ? If I have to get repairs done does it have to be sent back to DJI or is there somewhere in the us I can get it fixed. I'm use to going to the hobby shop and buying parts and fixing my plane and helicopter myself

I'm a huge fan of the P3 4K. I own one, as well as a P3A. Honestly, I love them equally. The P3 4K is significantly nicer than the P3S (better remote, VPS, increased range, camera, etc). I've easily taken mine out to 1600m (stock) in open space. I tend to use it when I'm shooting close-proximity video, as opposed to the Advanced, which is what I use when I want to go higher/further. A lot of people disregard the P3 4K as "useless". This is definitely not the case....

Reactions: epicdoom
I'm a huge fan of the P3 4K. I own one, as well as a P3A. Honestly, I love them equally. The P3 4K is significantly nicer than the P3S (better remote, VPS, increased range, camera, etc). I've easily taken mine out to 1600m (stock) in open space. I tend to use it when I'm shooting close-proximity video, as opposed to the Advanced, which is what I use when I want to go higher/further. A lot of people disregard the P3 4K as "useless". This is definitely not the case....
Ditto

Reactions: epicdoom
absolutely agree, I have the P3S as well as the P34K and the P3S hasn't been flown since I got the 4K I absolutely love the 4K I have plans to buy the P3P but I wont be getting rid of the 4K.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie