Phantom 3 4k just dropped out of sky

Reaction score
I thought I would take a quick flight the other day so I went outside , went through a normal pre flight and took off. I decided to fly up about 15 ft overhead and change some camera settings, about that time the drone just shuts off and falls straight down, when I heard the rotors stop I looked up and luckily was able to catch it. Batteries were not completely topped off but still showed 3 bars. I noticed that drone had no power whatsoever. So I checked to make sure it was latched in place all the way, it was. So I turned it back on and right after the start up tone camera went limp and it shut off again. Swapped batteries and everything worked properly. No battery warning or anything. Anyone else had this issue? Hate to dispose of good battery if it's something else.

I thought I would take a quick flight the other day so I went outside , went through a normal pre flight and took off. I decided to fly up about 15 ft overhead and change some camera settings, about that time the drone just shuts off and falls straight down, when I heard the rotors stop I looked up and luckily was able to catch it. Batteries were not completely topped off but still showed 3 bars. I noticed that drone had no power whatsoever. So I checked to make sure it was latched in place all the way, it was. So I turned it back on and right after the start up tone camera went limp and it shut off again. Swapped batteries and everything worked properly. No battery warning or anything. Anyone else had this issue? Hate to dispose of good battery if it's something else.
How long had the battery been sitting since last charge? What days to auto discharge setting do you run? Once the auto discharge kicks in the battery should not be used before a charge.

That might have been what it was. Batteries are set to 10 days and it might have been that long since last flight. I will also check logs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan