Phantom 3 4K Gimbal Problem

LTH

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my camera not facing forward. I've already done an imu calibration, gimbal calibration, and checked that the setscrew that holds the gimbal onto the shaft is in line with the flat on the motor shaft and the setscrew is tight. When the Phantom is sitting flat on a table the camera is aiming to the left a few degrees. I can move the camera by hand from stop to stop and it actually turns further to the left than the right. I can't see anything bent but that seems like it has to be for it to be moving further when it hits the left stop. Any ideas of anything else to look for? Thx

How many degrees to the left? Can you show us some pictures? I own 4K as well and so far everything was ok.

Here are 4 pics that might help out.
First pic is of the camera that's suppose to be aimed straight ahead.
camera_straight.jpg

Second is against right stop.
camera_left.jpg

Third against left stop.
camera_right.jpg

After further investigation I found what looks like might be bent. Could someone take a look at the bracket in this pic and compare it to your Phantom and see if it's straight where this one looks to maybe be bent? Thx in advance for any info.
gimbal_bracket.jpg

Yeah, that looks like it bent to the left (from the bird pov). I checked mine and its like this.
20160817_223638.jpg

I just got through taking it apart and straightened as best I could. It looks a whole lot better but not perfect. I'm gonna have to order a new one. After doing a lot of research after my last post seems like this must be a weak part anyway. Lots of CNC versions are available. Thanks for taking the time to look for me.

I think I also have a bent part on the gimbal! When I adjust the tilt within the app, It does not adjust to the left or right but also a bit up and down!? My question is could it be the dji gimbal protector? Keeping it in the wrong position thus forcing it to bend? Did you also use it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I do use the gimbal protector but I had a harder than normal landing a couple of days before noticing the problem. I'm pretty sure that's what caused my problem. I replaced it yesterday with one of the CNC replacements from Bock and it's back as good as new now.

Is there are reason you didn't send it in?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm just to inpatient to wait that long. I figured it was easier to spend the $20 for the new Yaw arm and fix it myself. It took about 45 minutes versus who knows how long to get it back in perfect shape.

I'm just to inpatient to wait that long. I figured it was easier to spend the $20 for the new Yaw arm and fix it myself. It took about 45 minutes versus who knows how long to get it back in perfect shape.
Nice job, on the DIY.

Thx. It was a pretty easy job for being the first time tearing into it. LOL The biggest problem I had were these 67 year old eyeballs. :rage:

I do use the gimbal protector but I had a harder than normal landing a couple of days before noticing the problem. I'm pretty sure that's what caused my problem. I replaced it yesterday with one of the CNC replacements from Bock and it's back as good as new now.
You should hand catch it more often.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31