Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2V+ will not Accept Password

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by don26812, Feb 10, 2015.

1. don26812

When I ran the new FPV Booster for the first time on my iPhone, it required me (?) to set a password for my Phantom, at least it appeared to require that. At any rate, I gave it a password.

Now when I try to connect to my Phantom through settings on my iPhone, the password I am sure I used is not accepted. I have been using my Phantom for months without a password. I now know I should not have set one up with FPV Booster.

My question is how do I reset - and better yet eliminate - the password? Again, I'm using an iPhone, and its on the Settings app where I can't connect to my Phantom.

Thanks in advance.

2. don26812

Ok, I solved my own problem. I'm not sure how, but now I can access my Phantom via the iPhone Settings app, and run both the DJI Vision and FPV Booster apps.

But I do have a more substantial question/problem that I will post in a new thread once I get the documentation squared away. I'll be back.

3. JDNC

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by iPhone settings app? I also use apple devices and was considering using the FPV Booster app due to the password capabilities, but I sure as hell don't want to lock myself out. Did you figure out what the problem was?

4. crash1sttime

I think the OP is referring to the option to set a password on the WIFI side of the phantom, this stops unwanted people hacking the phantoms WIFI, its not mandatory but optional.

I believe that by holding the reset button on the extender when its powered on and waiting for it to reset should clear any passwords set on it.

5. don26812

Regarding my need to enter a password, I am referring to the iPhone Wi-fi Settings screen when I am connecting to the Phantom. Prior to installing Booster, I was never asked for a password. Something I did during the installation must have triggered the need to enter the password.

I would like to return to not having to enter the password. How do I specifically do that?

Thanks in advance.

6. Uptowndisco2

Have you tried just going back into your Fpv Booster app settings where you can choose which channel to use then change the password back to blank ?

7. don26812

Daaaaaa. No. I'll try that. It still seems pop up on occasion. Thanks for the tip.