Phantom 2V+ V3.0 Maximum range?

Reaction score
I bought a 2v+ v3.0 2 weeks ago and i have been flying it every day, my maximum extended range distance is less than 400 meters in straight line, without any interferance only using control and the built in antennae repeater, is that it?? is there some weird setting that i am missing out?

thanks guys!

Double-check that you have your antennas pointing in the correct direction.

AntennaPosition.jpg

Reactions: fclark and egnogra
Make sure your controller is in FCC mode not CE. FCC=800 meters CE=400 meterd

Most I've gotten is about 575 meters. Sometimes it starts losing video at 300m. On most days I get about 480m. This is in suburbia area.

does the new controller on v3.0 also needs to be changed frequency manually with screw driver?
kind of old tech dont you think?

Seems to depend a lot on conditions and location. Got 1200m out over the sea in Palau. Still had video but decided to bring it home. Normally get max 700m in the hills, 400m around town.

Reactions: egnogra
Seems to depend a lot on conditions and location. Got 1200m out over the sea in Palau. Still had video but decided to bring it home. Normally get max 700m in the hills, 400m around town.
did you had any GPS Signals? what if you dont have any gps satellites does it still know where to fly home?

What i dont understand is the new PV2+ V3.0 comes with a wifi repeater extender do the older models dont have that? so if the v3.0 comes with this and can only reach lets say 300 meters max then without the extender they reach half that i am totally confused i think this things should go way further!!

What i dont understand is the new PV2+ V3.0 comes with a wifi repeater extender do the older models dont have that? so if the v3.0 comes with this and can only reach lets say 300 meters max then without the extender they reach half that i am totally confused i think this things should go way further!!
They probably go minimum 300m, max might be 1200m. Depends on many things. The model without the wifi repeater is the FC40 and it goes about 1/4 as far as the PV2+. My FC40 might have got 135m, where my PV2+ in same location has gotten the best of 575m, but normally does about 480m.

Reactions: HacKiwi
did you have any GPS Signals? what if you dont have any gps satellites does it still know where to fly home?
Of course if you don't have satellite lock, your Phantom won't know where it is or how to get home.
But ... The G in GPS stands for GLOBAL - coverage is worldwide.

Reactions: fclark
From the DJI website ..
Communication Distance (open area) - 500-700m
The Wifi extender only handles the picture from tour camera and telemetry. It's separate from the radio control.
There are lots of factors that affect max distance.
The most important is the angles between the antennas on the Tx and the Phantom.

in the suburbs i'm getting about slightly over 200m max before the "phantom connection lost" message shows up.

Only video connection is lost while i still got full control of the quad. Pretty sure my wifi module is dying judging from how much further most guys here are getting.

I crashed my quad into a tree once, so maybe that's the cause of the crappy wifi connection i'm getting.

does the new controller on v3.0 also needs to be changed frequency manually with screw driver?
kind of old tech dont you think?
Actually it's new tech. Neither the new or old controller's frequency is manually changed with a screw driver. Either controller's frequency is automatically bound to the receiver in the Phantom by pushing a reset on the Phantom. The procedure to do so is very easy and is in your User Manual (V1.8, pg 19).

Actually it's new tech. Neither the new or old controller's frequency is manually changed with a screw driver. Either controller's frequency is automatically bound to the receiver in the Phantom by pushing a reset on the Phantom. The procedure to do so is very easy and is in your User Manual (V1.8, pg 19).

I think he is talking about the CE vs FCC mode not frequency at all. It is a language barrier thing. This whole thread is about range. Having said that, it does seem rather low tech to adjust the power of the TX by manually turning a pot with a screwdriver through a hole in the back of the TX, don't ya think?

I think he is talking about the CE vs FCC mode not frequency at all. It is a language barrier thing. This whole thread is about range. Having said that, it does seem rather low tech to adjust the power of the TX by manually turning a pot with a screwdriver through a hole in the back of the TX, don't ya think?
I agree the CE vs FCC change is comparatively crude. However I was replying to what he actually wrote.

Your best bet for a bit more range is the antenna mod.

remote.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: fclark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.