Phantom 2 Zenmuse pitch not working: NOW SOLVED!

Reaction score
I just got my 2nd Phantom 2 with zenmuse gimbal from B&H photo because the first one's gimbal control didn't work at all. Just got the new one from UPS and put it together and it seemed to work perfectly.......until I used the software assist to update the phantom and then the transmitter. Now the Gimbal pitch control is not even recognized by the software and wont work at all. Been trying to contact DJI customer service since.

Re: Phantom 2 Zenmuse pitch not working after software updat

I just sent mine back because of this but I don't know if it was because of the firmware update or not since I didn't try it before I upgraded. I do know that by hooking up the controller to the rd assistant showed no reppsonse to the tilt control on the controller.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mustang_52 said:
I just sent mine back because of this but I don't know if it was because of the firmware update or not since I didn't try it before I upgraded. I do know that by hooking up the controller to the rd assistant showed no reppsonse to the tilt control on the controller.

That sounds like the first one I got......this time I literally jumped in the air when the gimbal moved with the pitch control lever....so then I go to update everything via software assists....and after the upgrades its not recognizing it at all...grrrrrrrr :x

I'm wondering if this isn't a quality issue or not. I know it will tilt because if you open up the controller and move the little reostat with a screwdriver it will tilt. But for the life of me, I could not get it to work once I closed it back up.

mustang_52 said:
I'm wondering if this isn't a quality issue or not. I know it will tilt because if you open up the controller and move the little reostat with a screwdriver it will tilt. But for the life of me, I could not get it to work once I closed it back up.

That is a problem with the lever control not being long enough to reach the reostat. They asked me to check my first one...the gimbal would not tilt even with a screwdriver moving that little reostat.

This time...I am sure it is just a software issue for mine.

What did they tell you to do about the lever control being short?

mustang_52 said:
What did they tell you to do about the lever control being short?

That is a very common problem that they had (according to Customer service when I had the first one) They specifically asked me to open the transmitter to see if the gimbal pitch control lever was reaching the yellow screw (reostat). They also said to see if gimbal would move if I turned it with a screw driver.

I honestly could not tell if it was reaching the reostat screw.....but when I turned it with a screw driver...the gimbal still would not do anything and would not register on the software assist either.

Ok. that's Probably my problem but I just sent it back to Amazon for another

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!!

Update: PROBLEM SOLVED

What I did wrong: Firmware updates to the TX and Aircraft (main controller) in the WRONG ORDER which caused the gimbal pitch control to STOP WORKING

How I fixed it: Redid the firmware updates to the tx and aircraft in the correct order including calibrations as follows below:

1) Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3) Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page.
4) After upgrade completed, calibrate the X1 channel of Main controller using PHANTOM 2 Assistant software,
then the PHANTOM 2 will work well with H3-2D.

So in conclusion....update the firmware on the transmitter first and calibrate..........then update firmware for the aircraft (maincontroller) and calibrate.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl