Phantom 2 YAW Problem

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had a phantom for about 2 weeks now. It has been flying great, but recently I got the assistant software. I was told to calibrate the IMU so I did. I updated the firmware and so on. Then when I flew it again. It made me calibrate the compass again. So I did. It was flying fine, and then today when I YAW around to where its sideways it goes forward without me touching anything. I have tried everything, calibrating the IMU again, calibrating the compass again. Nothing is working, please help.

Like,

When you say it goes forward do you mean for a short distance or for several yards?
The phantom does not pivit during yaw, it sorta makes a circle, has been my experience.

Tom

tom3holer said:
Like,

When you say it goes forward do you mean for a short distance or for several yards?
The phantom does not pivit during yaw, it sorta makes a circle, has been my experience.

Tom
So I turn it side ways so the front of the Phantom is facing left, then it moves forward on its own.

OK,

Do you have an OSD to see how many sats you have?
I would try and do both RC assistant calibration then do the P2 assistant calibration and see if that helps.

Tom

tom3holer said:
OK,

Do you have an OSD to see how many sats you have?
I would try and do both RC assistant calibration then do the P2 assistant calibration and see if that helps.

Tom
Still does the same thing.

Having an iosd mini or osd and a FPV is pretty important when flying these things. It gives you the gps sat numbers as well as what flight mode you are in. Pretty important info.

Flying sideways on it's on could indicate you are in Atti mode or you need to do a compass calibration. Also, make sure you have not switched into HL or CL accidentally.

Both toggle switches need to be in the up position to be in full gps mode.

Make sure you calibrated your sticks using the RC assistant software. Do this procedure in the RC assistant software FIRST. Before doing any calibrations in the P2 Assistant software. The tilt lever for the gimbal get's calibrated in the P2 Assistant software program.

Ok, so im not in Atti. or CL/HL. I have calibrated the sticks multiple times. I also dont have a gimbal. Is the gimbal calibration important?

I think I fixed it....
What was your final solution? Maybe others will run into the same issue and your solution will help them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20