Phantom 2 X1 channel not working

Reaction score
Hi all

Brand new Phantom 2 owner and I have setup the H3-2D on the aircraft however the X1 on the back of the DJ6 controller does not appear to be working. I have installed both the RC and PT2 software and confirmed the firmware is up to date on all of them. I did the calibration with the RC software for the A/E/T/R sticks and that worked correctly. However when I move the X1 lever on the back or turn the POT screw on the back nothing changes. (nothing shows as changing in the RC or PT2 software for X1 and the Gimbal is ON in the PT2 software)

The Gimbal does not tilt or change direction and the software does not register any change. It does work because it will stay level when the Phantom is on and it has moved to a different position when I power down and power up the Phantom.

I have read several posts about this but nothing works for me. What would be my next steps??

Thank you for any help for this new guy!

It's possible that the lever is not making contact with the little potentiometer in the controller. Gently open it up and check. You can turn it with a screwdriver to make sure that what the problem is. I returned mine for that reason and the new one works.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I totally had the same problem. DJI has a firmware sequence that if done improperly will screw up the x1.

Pull up the PhantomRC software and reload the firmware. Power cycle, then calibrate. However, when calibrating, move the x1 lever as well (even though it doesn't say too). This should fix the problem.

Then pull up the Phantom software, and reload the Gimbal IMU firmware. Powercycle, then calibrate the X1 again.

This should fix your problem. I had a dead X1, and freaked out until I came across this.

So I did the firmware reload first and did the calibration again using the RC software. Tried moving the X1 channel and nothing showed up.

I then unscrewed the back of the controller and used a small screwdriver to manually turn the POT that is supposed to be attached to the X1 lever. It is VERY sensitive, but I was able to get the X1 channel to show movement. From what I can tell that lever is NOT making contact with the POT. If I press VERY hard on that part of the back it moves around a little, so this is a defect.

My question is what other remote would be a BETTER remote to use for the Phantom 2? I feel I could ship this whole things back and be in the same boat again so maybe a better remote?

Futaba 8FG (aka T8FG. Aka. T8FGS). Is a popular replacement, but its not cheap

@ianwood has done an excellent posting on this forum about setting up the Futaba 8fg

Search and you will find it

However if the fault is just a dodgy pot, a much cheaper solution is to do the modification where you drill a hole in the front of the RC Tx and it a rotary knob style control on the front. There is a good posting about it on this forum, but I think the main posting is on a different forum, ( sorry I can't find the links at the moment)

RogerClark said:
Futaba 8FG (aka T8FG. Aka. T8FGS). Is a popular replacement, but its not cheap

@ianwood has done an excellent posting on this forum about setting up the Futaba 8fg

Search and you will find it

However if the fault is just a dodgy pot, a much cheaper solution is to do the modification where you drill a hole in the front of the RC Tx and it a rotary knob style control on the front. There is a good posting about it on this forum, but I think the main posting is on a different forum, ( sorry I can't find the links at the moment)

it would be very useful to find that post. I will check for it.
Actually pay attention, the POT is very delicate and the part that the lever is turning is made of cheap plastic. So it may and it will deteriorate if you use it some times. Since now this is my situation, I want to change the POT and add something better. I would change also the lever and add a knob. Anyway compared to the P1, at least the lever is provided, but still no good.
Since I am using it to activate the shutter for my camera, it must work. If I dont find a solution I will think about changing the remote.

found the post about the knob. should be this one
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8256

I had the same issue and tired everything till I stumbled across this video and now mine works.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLIHm2m90E[/youtube]

stevet said:
I had the same issue and tired everything till I stumbled across this video and now mine works.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLIHm2m90E[/youtube]

I dunno if you are talking about me, but in case, I already found that, fix it, and then it bended again, and the plastic is ruined as well. I need to change it and put knob.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl