Phantom 2 won't turn on?

Reaction score
Hello!
I got a Phantom 2 Vision from a friend, and this morning had my first flight, which went very well. All was fine, and when I noticed the battery was getting low, I packed up and went back home, to charge the battery.
When the battery appeared fully charged, I put it back in the Phantom, and since then -- it won't power on!!! Well, to be exact, after many attempts, it turned on once while it was connected by USB to the Assistant Software, and so I was able to successfully download and install firmware 3.6. Then, it asked for a power cycle, and has not turned on since :-(
The battery looks fine, 4 green lights, perfect life left, etc. Only when I press for 2 seconds, nothing happens. Nothing at all.
I tried with a spare battery, also fully charged, and nothing happened.

Any ideas???

Thanks!!!

And attached is a photo taken this morning on my successful flight, to show that I am not completely useless and I do know how to turn this thing on.

Attachments

• DJI00004.JPG
    DJI00004.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 481
Forgive the question, but are you sure you're doing it right? To power on, you do a SHORT press of the button, release it, and then immediately do a LONG (2s) press and release the button again.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I turned it successfully on and off multiple times yesterday and this morning. I tried all combinations of short and long presses, and nothing worked...
Very short press -- give me 4 green lights.
Very long press -- 4 green lights and blinking red power button.
2 seconds press -- nothing at all.

Any suggestions?

einat said:
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I turned it successfully on and off multiple times yesterday and this morning. I tried all combinations of short and long presses, and nothing worked...
Very short press -- give me 4 green lights.
Very long press -- 4 green lights and blinking red power button.
2 seconds press -- nothing at all.

Any suggestions?

As I said, a single press will not work. You power on by doing a short press and then a long press.

If that genuinely doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas, but you'd be surprised by the number of people who come here and simply don't know the correct way to power on the Phantom.

Thanks Harry. I won't be surprised; I'm sure there are plenty. But I'm also pretty sure I did everything correctly. I will try again when I'm back at the office.
In the meantime, if anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to suggest!

i have had mine not turn on once, i pulled the battery out and reinserted it and it switched on ok. it might be a bit of crud the little pads on the battery??

Like Harry said, it takes two well timed presses to turn it on. I've been flying my Phantom Vision for almost 6 months and there are STILL days when it takes me a couple tries to get the presses just right.

But if you're sure you're doing that right...

If you connect it to the Assistant, again, do you get any warnings in the lower right of the application window? It could be your friend gave you a knock-off battery, which would've worked fine in older versions of the firmware but will fail in the latest versions (with 3.x DJI apparently made the firmware more strict about not playing nice with non-DJI batteries). And the Assistant utility will tell you if that's the case with a little exclamation point icon in the lower right of the window.

The fact that you're getting green lights on the first press proves the battery is charged and ready to go. Only other thing I can think of is somehow your battery contacts in the Phantom got dislodged the last time you removed the battery. That would be rare... but might happen.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic