Phantom 2 Won't Startup

Reaction score
Hey guys - I tried commenting on another thread but haven't received any responses about my situation. I have a Phantom 2 which I was flying around last weekend - everything was fine, and on landing, it tipped over slightly and "ate" some snow. No big deal - I checked the motors after, and everything seemed in order. I get home let it sit to dry.

The next day I try to connect it to the Naza assistant and I get this - it starts, LEDs flash once and it turns off. ??? I'm guessing one of the ESCs got wet and perhaps needs replacement. Curious if anyone else has seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x-wdn4_KBU

If I were standing near the electrical panel in my house and flipped a light switch on and heard that sound coming from the electrical panel, I would say I tripped a circuit breaker from a short circuit or overload due to an electrical circuit problem. Is there an auto resetting over current, over load protection device in a Phantom?

When you say you checked the motors, you used compressed air to blew them out or you lightly used a hair dryer on cool over all over the components. How did you check the motors and for that matter everything else?

I have no clue nor experience with your problem, just asking.

Buk said:
If I were standing near the electrical panel in my house and flipped a light switch on and heard that sound coming from the electrical panel, I would say I tripped a circuit breaker from a short circuit or overload due to an electrical circuit problem. Is there an auto resetting over current, over load protection device in a Phantom?

When you say you checked the motors, you used compressed air to blew them out or you lightly used a hair dryer on cool over all over the components. How did you check the motors and for that matter everything else?

I have no clue nor experience with your problem, just asking.

I hand turned the motors and blew them out with compressed air (I do this every week or so) - they are all moving freely, and they ran quite fine literally right after I had the soft crash in the snow. The motors can get wet - the ESCs, not so sure about. I'm almost certain the motors are fine. I'm more wondering about the motherboard or the ESCs.

I am not sure about auto resetting any current or load protection. Never heard of this?

Being a relative noob to the Phantom, I haven't seen an authoritative or manufacturer's opinion of the effect of getting motors wet or ESC's wet while energized. While I can understand the windings of the motors being varnished or coated with a water resistant coating not sure of any connections in the motor. It does seem the self-check sequence starts and fails after the LED's fire off.

Hopefully this discussion will trigger a possible answer for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4