Phantom 2 wont start (and making weird flashes)

Reaction score
Hi

This is really starting to frustrate me. Has went on for 5 days now.

My P2 will not start its motors.

It used to be able to start even without homepoint locked.

Now i have tried many things but has found this:

PHANTOM MODE
- Blinks slow yellow flashes. Searching for sattelites i guess.

NAZA MODE
In GPS and ATTI = 2 quick green flashes, 3 quick red flashes. Guess it is also because of the lack of sattelite.
Manual mode = well, if the problem is sattelites, i should still be able to get it started in normal mode. But no. Just 3 red flashes looping and looping.

Why in gods name will it not start?
Have calibrated compas 20 times. 10 basic and advanced IMU. Have not had any crashes.

Do you have a yellow light on your RC, or is it green? I discovered last nite that if you run the calibration step on the RC and don't complete it, the power LED changes to yellow. In that state, it would not start my motors either.

Go into assistant software and calibrate the sticks.

EMCSQUAR said:
Go into assistant software and calibrate the sticks.

Could it have anything to do with me not calibrating the end points?

Well, I have already calibrited the sticks and they are all "green" in the assistant. Could the end point still be the a problem?

Do you solve this problem?

What happens with the lights of the Phantom when you try to start ?

Well, I have already calibrited the sticks and they are all "green" in the assistant. Could the end point still be the a problem?

Whens the last time that you checked those two info pins under the battery power terminals? If either of those pins are not making contact with the two copper squares there will be no startup and the same goes for the GPS plug on the main board. Those info pins are spring loaded and may be stuck and therefore not reaching the battery

Last edited:

Check in the assistant for the values. You need the sticks to hit the end points of 1000 in all directions other wise the CSC will not start the motors. Recalibrate both in RC12 and Phantom assist.

Usual thing that happens to me is that the trim buttons get pressed and therefore the trim has moved outside the centre. This then causes the Phantom not to see the sticks in the neutral position and therefore won't start when you bring them to the CSC position. I found that even if the digital trims have switched a few notches it caused this. The original phantom remotes do not have this issue as they do not have trims on the sticks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj