Phantom 2 won't power on after crash with tree

Reaction score
I had just installed some freshly balanced carbon fiber props (1 prop was slightly vibrating) and then I flew my Phantom 2 about half a mile away and then decided to bring it back using RTH/Failsafe. The Phantom hovered over a tree instead of my take off area. In a panic, I switched from Fail-safe mode to GPS mode, then it started to descend rapidly with some resistance. After the crash I have a damaged GoPro, Bent Gimble, scratched GoPro, and bent/cracked DJI Phantom arm. Upon opening the unit I noticed one of the ESCs is cracked in half. I attempted to power on the Phantom and the LEDs flash for a second without the audible tone and then the LEDs power off immediately. The battery was at 82% level before it went down and the motors were still powered as I heard n the way down. I'm going to replace the ESC board but does anyone know if I might have other un-seeable damage which might prevent a proper power-on? :oops:

lucid111 said:
I had just installed some freshly balanced carbon fiber props (1 prop was slightly vibrating) and then I flew my Phantom 2 about half a mile away and then decided to bring it back using RTH/Failsafe. The Phantom hovered over a tree instead of my take off area. In a panic, I switched from Fail-safe mode to GPS mode, then it started to descend rapidly with some resistance. After the crash I have a damaged GoPro, Bent Gimble, scratched GoPro, and bent/cracked DJI Phantom arm. Upon opening the unit I noticed one of the ESCs is cracked in half. I attempted to power on the Phantom and the LEDs flash for a second without the audible tone and then the LEDs power off immediately. The battery was at 82% level before it went down and the motors were still powered as I heard n the way down. I'm going to replace the ESC board but does anyone know if I might have other un-seeable damage which might prevent a proper power-on? :oops:

Yes, there is a good chance you have!

Check the compass and GPS. If either are not working it won't power up.

Plug it into the assistant and see what comes up. Check the update page and ensure you see something in the GPS unit data fields.

really sorry to hear about the crash..i am sick of fly aways..and have been so careful myself..and mine took a wet plunge today.
no structural damage but likely electronic damage. and mine was paid for on a credit card and i have not even made a payment yet..sniff.
hopefully the one board is all you need…again..really sorry.
dji should be a lot more responsible than they have been…grrr!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers