Phantom 2 won't fly. Please help.

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and have owned my Phantom2 for about a year. The drone has been sitting with out being used for about 3 months. Took it out yesterday and could not get it to fly. I had two of the back lights flashing green and the front lights were not on at all. So I brought the drone back home and had it updated with the latest Phantom software and recalibrated the controller. I also relinked the two by pushing the hidden button with a paperclip. Then I ask actually took the drone outside again to try and fly it. I placed it on top of my truck and couldn't get it to work, but all of a sudden the engine started working, but not enough to fly. While the propellers turing I took the drone out to the front yard to fly and the controller would not operate the drone. All of a sudden the drone took off into the sky as I turned off the controller and stayed up in the air in about 30 feet until they resynced. I was the. able to control the drone until it landed. Once the drone landed it would not reconnect and went back to the same thing it was doing once before. Please help I called customer service the DJI and they told me more or less read the manual.

If the lights on the back LEDs are blinking green consistently you have RC and GPS, front LEDs light up red once the motors are started. If the RC is not connected I believe the rear LEDs will be amber as if its in return to home mode.

If the lights on the back LEDs are blinking green consistently you have RC and GPS, front LEDs light up red once the motors are started. If the RC is not connected I believe the rear LEDs will be amber as if its in return to home mode.

what's happening when you put the sticks in start up position?

after re-reading your post I would highly recommend re-reading the manual ;)

when you turned off the RC the craft attempted to go home, if it loses RC signal for 3 seconds it attempts to return to the last take off spot, where you started the engines..... you should always turn on the RC before the phantom, and turn the phantom off before the RC. definitely re-read the manual so you don't lose your phantom.

Also would recommend staying away from metal objects like your car or truck, it can cause issues with the compass.

if you haven't used it for a while and have recently upgraded i would do the advanced IMU calibration and calibrate the compass in a nice open field away from any metal.

I'm a newbie and have owned my Phantom2 for about a year. The drone has been sitting with out being used for about 3 months. Took it out yesterday and could not get it to fly. I had two of the back lights flashing green and the front lights were not on at all. So I brought the drone back home and had it updated with the latest Phantom software and recalibrated the controller. I also relinked the two by pushing the hidden button with a paperclip. Then I ask actually took the drone outside again to try and fly it. I placed it on top of my truck and couldn't get it to work, but all of a sudden the engine started working, but not enough to fly. While the propellers turing I took the drone out to the front yard to fly and the controller would not operate the drone. All of a sudden the drone took off into the sky as I turned off the controller and stayed up in the air in about 30 feet until they resynced. I was the. able to control the drone until it landed. Once the drone landed it would not reconnect and went back to the same thing it was doing once before. Please help I called customer service the DJI and they told me more or less read the manual.

after re-reading your post I would highly recommend re-reading the manual ;)

when you turned off the RC the craft attempted to go home, if it loses RC signal for 3 seconds it attempts to return to the last take off spot, where you started the engines..... you should always turn on the RC before the phantom, and turn the phantom off before the RC. definitely re-read the manual so you don't lose your phantom.

Also would recommend staying away from metal objects like your car or truck, it can cause issues with the compass.

if you haven't used it for a while and have recently upgraded i would do the advanced IMU calibration and calibrate the compass in a nice open field away from any metal.

Do a complete software calibration of both the RC controller and the P2 including the advanced IMU cal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik